9/7 - White Sox @ Mariners 3:10CST

Vote4Pedro

• bmags pinned this topic

Feels like every game is a must win. 

- Guardians have 7 left with KC, who they absolutely own

- Twins have a cakewalk of a schedule the rest of the way

Have to stop spoiling great pitching efforts with our awful hitting. Hopefully Kopech throws up a bunch of 0s today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

Feels like every game is a must win. 

- Guardians have 7 left with KC, who they absolutely own

- Twins have a cakewalk of a schedule the rest of the way

Have to stop spoiling great pitching efforts with our awful hitting. Hopefully Kopech throws up a bunch of 0s today

Sox definitely going to need some help from KC.  But KC is 4-8 against the Guardians.  I guess "absolutely own" is a bit of a relative term, but if KC can go 3-4 against the Tribe rest of the way, that'd be great.  KC has a the pitching matchup advantage today - need a W.

Also, the Sox have the easiest remaining schedule of the Twins, Guardians and Sox.  Twins still have three in a row against the Yanks who really do "absolutely own" the Twins.  WOuldn't be surprised in the least to see the Twins get swept in that series.  Twins and Guardians still play 8 - would be great to see Twins get swept in NY and then turn around and win 2/3 this weekend in MN.

Realistically, Sox just need to take care of their own business and play their best ball of the season these last 27.  If they do that, they're going to be in it the final week.  

• Like 1

The Sox have got to be the strike takingest team in all of the land.

The Sox have got to be the strikeout lookingest team in all of the land.

The Sox have got to be the swing at pitches out of the strike zonest team in all of the land.

No team in the entire history of the universe can even match us swinging at pitches in the dirt of the opposite batters box.

Don't get me started on eyeball high pitches or I'll amp out like Belushi in early SNL episodes.

GUHHH!!!!

2 hours ago, flavum said:

Foster down for Kopech.

No Robert. Please IL him.

Free Colas ! If you want the Sox to win the division then this is the only logical choice for you unless you love seeing Pollock in CF and Vaughn and Sheets in the OF and the Sox continually scoring 3 or less runs per game and playing the worst OF defensively possible.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

This is the dumbest fucking approach I've ever seen.  Taking the best pitch to hit every at bat clearly shows all this dumbass is trying to do is take walks.  What a joke.  Fire this bum to the sun.  

But think about how much fWAR values those walks!

• Fire 1

56 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox definitely going to need some help from KC.  But KC is 4-8 against the Guardians.  I guess "absolutely own" is a bit of a relative term, but if KC can go 3-4 against the Tribe rest of the way, that'd be great.  KC has a the pitching matchup advantage today - need a W.

Also, the Sox have the easiest remaining schedule of the Twins, Guardians and Sox.  Twins still have three in a row against the Yanks who really do "absolutely own" the Twins.  WOuldn't be surprised in the least to see the Twins get swept in that series.  Twins and Guardians still play 8 - would be great to see Twins get swept in NY and then turn around and win 2/3 this weekend in MN.

Realistically, Sox just need to take care of their own business and play their best ball of the season these last 27.  If they do that, they're going to be in it the final week.  

Might be easier to take care of their own business if they could hit and field the ball better in the OF with a young guy who bats LH, hits for power, can hit LH and RH pitching and field his position better than Sheets or Vaughn and probably better than Pollock in CF too all while Robert can't play.

You're asking for a miracle while not willing to take the chance that their is a possible miracle available who you don't want to see on the team for the stretch run.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Might be easier to take care of their own business if they could hit and field the ball better in the OF with a young guy who bats LH, hits for power, can hit LH and RH pitching and field his position better than Sheets or Vaughn and probably better than Pollock in CF too all while Robert can't play.

You're asking for a miracle while not willing to take the chance that their is a possible miracle available who you don't want to see on the team for the stretch run.

I don’t think making up 3 games in 27 games is a “miracle” when they made up 4 games (but since lost 1) in 4 games against the very same team. Tall task? Sure. Unlikely? Yes. Miracle? Nah. 

I don’t really care to debate Colas with you in every thread. If they called him up it’s not like I’d be mad. But I tend to think that extra control is better than not getting extra control. AV for instance is very likely a trade candidate this offseason and he’d have significantly more value than he does if Sox weren’t inpatient and stupid. It’s not always just about 2028, it’s about trade value as well. Another example is Kopech who the Sox would have 2 more years of control of if they didn’t call him up needlessly for a couple starts in 2018 and then watch him blow his elbow out. 

If the Sox were gonna call up Colas, he’d be here already. So you can gnash your teeth all you’d like, but he’s not coming. 

• knightni changed the title to 9/7 - White Sox @ Mariners 3:10CST