9/7 - White Sox @ Mariners 3:10CST

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

No idea. I like the White Sox team that is winning in spite of TA being out though. They sure shut up Josh Nelson who was on 670 predicting doom and gloom last weekend against the Twins and this week against the Mariners.

Yes, but with how Anderson has been defensively this year and how smart Andrus has been playing, I have to lean towards keeping Andrus there for most of the games when TA returns.

Need Eloy's bat so badly though. Sox'll have to cross that bridge when they come to it. Someone else may be injured by the time Timmy gets back. Neither Tim nor Andrus has played 2nd base so if someone does unfortunately I see it being Andrus when Andrus is playing a really good SS.

Maybe they can convince Tim it'll be better for his finger to play 2nd base.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

Is there a single move not named Johnny Cueto, that has been a positive from Hahn this season?

Hahn handed Tony that sandwich last Tuesday, so kudos for that. Someone still needs to drive a wooden stake through his heart.

19 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Gotta say very smart by the Sox with the breaking balls

You can do that when Grandal isn't catching.

Another great comeback win by the Sox. Miguel's Boys Don't Quit! Didn't in the Field of Dreams Game, either. 

Been ripping this team most of the season so I need to give credit when it is due. 

Huge series win against a really good Seattle team. Team showed a lot of fight today. 

Now they really need to bear down these next 6 games against an Oakland team that can't hit and a Rockies team that can't pitch.

Want to see them no more than 1GB when they play the make up game with Cleveland on the 15th. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Been ripping this team most of the season so I need to give credit when it is due. 

Huge series win against a really good Seattle team. Team showed a lot of fight today. 

Now they really need to bear down these next 6 games against an Oakland team that can't hit and a Rockies team that can't pitch.

Want to see them no more than 1GB when they play the make up game with Cleveland on the 15th. 

The next 10 games are probably make or break the season. 7 games against 2 teams with winning% under. 400. 2 against a Rockies team that is terrible on the road, and 1 against Cleveland. They can either take the momentum from today and take control of their own destiny or they can keep trudging along in mediocrity. This is the last easy portion of their easy schedule. I'm not gonna set expectations cause I know what this team is, I just hope they surprise me like they did today. 

Just some random thoughts from today:

Ugly, ugly game but a win is a win, three straight series wins now, something they simply have to do from here on out. They have no more wiggle room.

Bummer has been on the IL (yet again) for over two months, he finally gets off it and promptly lives up to his name. For a guy who supposedly has unhittable stuff he sure gives up runs. People overlook the fact the Sox gave him a big money deal and he's not living up to it in my opinion.

3-8 RISP, not bad especially for the Sox and also three extra base hits.

Don't know what to make of Kopech's performance today. He was sailing along and then...I don't know what the numbers say but my impression is that he's bitten by a big inning a lot. granted in the 4th the usual Sox defense showed up.

On to Oakland where the Sox have struggled even against horrid A's teams for lord knows how long. Have to win at least two games...at least.

13 more wins for a "winning" season...I know, that's some comedown from a "World Series contender" isn't it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The next 10 games are probably make or break the season. 7 games against 2 teams with winning% under. 400. 2 against a Rockies team that is terrible on the road, and 1 against Cleveland. They can either take the momentum from today and take control of their own destiny or they can keep trudging along in mediocrity. This is the last easy portion of their easy schedule. I'm not gonna set expectations cause I know what this team is, I just hope they surprise me like they did today. 

It's been so frustrating because they have lost so many games to teams with bad records headed up by the Royals. 

Over the course of a 162 game season you're going to lose some games to bad teams but man the Sox have lost a bunch of them and it's really hurt them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Bummer has been on the IL (yet again) for over two months, he finally gets off it and promptly lives up to his name. For a guy who supposedly has unhittable stuff he sure gives up runs. People overlook the fact the Sox gave him a big money deal and he's not living up to it in my opinion.

I feel like Bummer is uncoachable, dude just looks like he has no confidence in himself at all.  He needs a therapist

41 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I feel like Bummer is uncoachable, dude just looks like he has no confidence in himself at all.  He needs a therapist

Bummer looked really good after the first couple hitters.  Having a little rust is to be expected for a dude that hasn't pitched in the  bigs in like 3 months.  

• Like 2

Another very interesting comment tonight to DVS of the Sun-Times, read into it what you will:

There are certain calls, whether they go our way our that way, our dugout’s reaction is something we haven’t been doing all year,” Hendriks said, “and is something now everyone is getting more into. The reaction to every single play, every single pitch, every kind of at-bat, whichever way it goes.”

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • TLR 1

26 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Another very interesting comment tonight to DVS of the Sun-Times, read into it what you will:

There are certain calls, whether they go our way our that way, our dugout’s reaction is something we haven’t been doing all year,” Hendriks said, “and is something now everyone is getting more into. The reaction to every single play, every single pitch, every kind of at-bat, whichever way it goes.”

Wonder why that is….it couldn’t be because the manager was asleep at the wheel the entire season so the players followed suit?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Wonder why that is….it couldn’t be because the manager was asleep at the wheel the entire season so the players followed suit?

No doubt that the whole atmosphere in the dugout has changed with a lot more energy and enthusiasm.  No doubt that if TLR would have still been around , we are probably 6 or more behind.  Hope he stays in Arizona the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This is a dig to TLR.

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to 9/7 - White Sox @ Mariners 3:10CST