9/7 - White Sox @ Mariners 3:10CST

Vote4Pedro

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just some random thoughts from today:

Bummer has been on the IL (yet again) for over two months, he finally gets off it and promptly lives up to his name. For a guy who supposedly has unhittable stuff he sure gives up runs. People overlook the fact the Sox gave him a big money deal and he's not living up to it in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Bummer looked really good after the first couple hitters.  Having a little rust is to be expected for a dude that hasn't pitched in the  bigs in like 3 months.  

Tell me, what other team in baseball (or any other sport comparing a similar absence) would have a pitcher injured for two months have two 1 inning appearances as the extent of a rehab assignment (2 IP, 3 H, 2 ER), let alone put him in a high leverage situation his first game back?

There have been several, perhaps a dozen plus, bizarre roster moves, rehab assignments (Robert's faux rehab in July for example). Feel bad for these players who want to do their best, but are thrown out there little to no rehab time, bad / incorrect diagnosis, called up while still injured, etc.. Never seen anything like it on any baseball team in the decades I've followed the sport in terms of incidents and breadth across so many impacted players.

• knightni changed the title to 9/7 - White Sox @ Mariners 3:10CST
11 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Another very interesting comment tonight to DVS of the Sun-Times, read into it what you will:

There are certain calls, whether they go our way our that way, our dugout’s reaction is something we haven’t been doing all year,” Hendriks said, “and is something now everyone is getting more into. The reaction to every single play, every single pitch, every kind of at-bat, whichever way it goes.”

So, they are into the game, and no longer lifeless now. Weird how removing a corpse as your manager will do that.

• Love 1
  • Fire 2

10 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tell me, what other team in baseball (or any other sport comparing a similar absence) would have a pitcher injured for two months have two 1 inning appearances as the extent of a rehab assignment (2 IP, 3 H, 2 ER), let alone put him in a high leverage situation his first game back?

There have been several, perhaps a dozen plus, bizarre roster moves, rehab assignments (Robert's faux rehab in July for example). Feel bad for these players who want to do their best, but are thrown out there little to no rehab time, bad / incorrect diagnosis, called up while still injured, etc.. Never seen anything like it on any baseball team in the decades I've followed the sport in terms of incidents and breadth across so many impacted players.

I've said for the past few years among the most dysfunctional areas of this team is the medical, training and conditioning staffs.