That's a White Sox Come Back Series Winning Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Also a very nice move by bringing Vince Velasquez in when the shadows were strong and having him throw nothing but curve balls. Soxtalk was howling about the move but it turned out to be an easy inning for V.V.

Speculation is that Graveman was hurt but maybe it was just a savvy move  to bring in a guy with a nice curve in the shadows when hitters can't pick up the spin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Also a very nice move by bringing Vince Velasquez in when the shadows were strong and having him throw nothing but curve balls. Soxtalk was howling about the move but it turned out to be an easy inning for V.V.

Speculation is that Graveman was hurt but maybe it was just a savvy move  to bring in a guy with a nice curve in the shadows when hitters can't pick up the spin.

Also noted that Hendriks threw only one fastball, used it as a shoulder high bait pitch for strike three.  But somehow our guys got two in the 8th under the same conditions.  Need Cease to eat innings tomorrow.  Kopech wore out the bullpen today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

For someone who couldn’t see the game - How did Kopech look? 

Velocity was good, control wasn’t. Otherwise same good and bad as the rest of the year, only working two pitches, moderately effective with each, gets in trouble if someone gets on base because he’s liable to walk someone or groove a ball.

• Thanks 2

I would be remiss if I didn't mention a very key contribution from Abreu who hustled to beat a DP ball, that was overturned by NY ,which would've ended the inning and then Eloy hit the HR to cut the deficit from 4-0 to 4-2. Without that bit of hustle it's likely the Sox lose.

Eloy also went 3 for 4 with 3 RBI and was the hitting star of the game  with the Sox scoring 9 runs on only 8 hits. No one else had more than 1 hit.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

This game at first felt like a Chris sale start where he would be untouchable through the 5th inning and the Sox would lose 4-1 after a crucial error in the 6th Inning that Chris couldn’t pitch over, except from the opponents view 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I would be remiss if I didn't mention a very key contribution from Abreu who hustled to beat a DP ball, that was overturned by NY ,which would've ended the inning and then Eloy hit the HR to cut the deficit from 4-0 to 4-2. Without that bit of hustle it's likely the Sox lose.

Eloy also went 3 for 4 with 3 RBI and was the hitting star of the game  with the Sox scoring 9 runs on only 8 hits. No one else had more than 1 hit.

It changed the whole game.  No question.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Moncada had zero hits and should not be batting #2 in the lineup. He hasn't earned that right with his .199 BA and .270 OBP. Come on Cairo don't be stupid like Tony with the lineup!

• Thanks 1