AL Central Standings Thread

Quin

12 hours ago, Snopek said:

As it stands, Giolito is lined up to face McKenzie in the makeup game vs Cleveland on Thursday. 

Let’s uhhh not.

Gotta rearrange things so Cease starts there. He’s currently slated to the start the day before vs the Rockies.

Interesting idea.  I like it just for the sake of putting him in a game with playoff-level pressure to get more experience.  

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Would be awful nice to have Twins win one tomorrow. At least Cleveland catches the Angels next series with Trout on fire and team playing better. 

Thursday afternoon game is going to be massive. 

As it stands now, I have the Sox at 85 wins and Cleveland at 86. The last 9 games are rough for us while Cleveland gets KC for 6 games at home. We need to beat Cleveland head to head if we want the division. 

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

As it stands now, I have the Sox at 85 wins and Cleveland at 86. The last 9 games are rough for us while Cleveland gets KC for 6 games at home. We need to beat Cleveland head to head if we want the division. 

Yes. Sox need to go into that stretch with a couple game lead. KC also isn’t awful, they could easily win 2-3 of those. But your point remains. 

10 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Let the Twins fall all the way out. Them having nothing to play for the last week would be nice. We just need to handle Cleveland. And that starts with not starting Giolito next Thursday. 

Disagree - the Twins would LOVE to play spoiler to us.

Keep them motivated against all teams. Don't give them the luxury of circling the Sox games on their calendars. Make them face the Sox after a long, hard, arduous grind.

8 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Keep them motivated against all teams. Don't give them the luxury of circling the Sox games on their calendars. Make them face the Sox after a long, hard, arduous grind.

I mean they should have wanted to win the division too, but that sure didn't help them against Cleveland. 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean they should have wanted to win the division too, but that sure didn't help them against Cleveland. 

True.

Still, I would rather face them sputtering across the finish line than "rested up" and motivated to play spoiler.

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Unless they wet the bed in their six games against Minnesota, the White Sox have a decent chance of finishing in second. A second place finish would the consolation prize for their trainwreck of a season.

Ah the good old 2nd place in a weak division.  JRs favorite position in the standings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

Yeah a twins win to keep their hope alive is pretty damn important today. 

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Magic Number on each other:

Guardians on Sox - 21

Sox on Guardians- 26

Games left- Cle 24/Sox 21

So this means that if the Guardians win just 12 more games, the Sox would have to win at least 13 of their last 21.