Queen Elizabeth II has died

Texsox

• Texsox changed the title to Queen Elizabeth II
3 hours ago, Texsox said:

Under doctor's care amid "concerns". I find the history and protocols fascinating. It's so opposite anything in our society.

Wishing her a speedy recovery from whatever ails her. 

Queen Elizabeth II Under Medical Supervision as Health Concerns Grow https://nyti.ms/3x8ZsOF

Do you really wish a speedy recovery to someone who's 96? At some point don't you just wish for a painless passing?

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Do you really wish a speedy recovery to someone who's 96? At some point don't you just wish for a painless passing?

It’s okay to be positive and send well wishes, but it is also important to want a painless passing, which is what I hope she had.

• Thanks 1

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Queen Elizabeth II has died
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's crazy to think of the like 7 billion people on the planet earth have never known another British Monarch in their entire lifetimes.  I honestly wonder if the monarchy holds up much longer after this.

I think its honestly doubtful.  Charles has none of his mother's charm.  She's been keeping it going for so long that its hard to picture it continuing without her.

Wild factoids:

• The first James Bond book and last movie all had him serve under Queen Elizabeth
  • Her reign coincided with roughly 30% of U.S. history
  • Her first and last prime ministers that she worked with, Winston Churchill and Liz Truss, were born 100 years apart.
  • She was older than sliced bread.

5 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

At what age will you begin wishing for a painless passing? It seems like she was in reasonably good mental and physical health. A 100 year birthday party would have been epic. 

15 minutes ago, Texsox said:

At what age will you begin wishing for a painless passing? It seems like she was in reasonably good mental and physical health. A 100 year birthday party would have been epic. 

Not really. She had been skipping more and more of her duties due to health and mobility issues. I had a great grandmother who lived to 95. When it's time, you just know it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Not really. She had been skipping more and more of her duties due to health and mobility issues. I had a great grandmother who lived to 95. When it's time, you just know it.

I agree that you just know. And maybe those closest to her knew.  But she looked good just last Tuesday. Certainly not looking like she was 48 hours away from death. 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

4 billion people, half the Worlds population are expected to watch Monday’s funeral, will be the most watched event in Television history. Amazing.

In the US, it appears that the funeral will be televised by ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, NewsNation, Bloomberg, C-SPAN, Telemundo, and of course, BBC America.