9/8 White Sox @ Athletics 8:40 CT

Vote4Pedro

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

12 of the next 16 are against last place teams. The other 4 against Cleveland.  This is it.

You’ve been thinking, Tony’s been drinking

We both know that it’s just not right

Steve Stone’s pretending, Tony’s not ending.

Hahn won’t say anything, he’s not too bright…..

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Don't know anything about the A's starting pitcher tonight but he's 5-1 with an ERA of 2.3...for a team that's 37 games under .500

That got my attention and I hope it got the Sox players attention as well.

Looks like he went to the A's as part of the Montas/Trivino tade with NYY.  He's 2-1 with a 2.63 ERA and 1.317 WHIP, pitching 5-6 innings per start since then.  Not a big strikeout guy either.  Not bad, but not great.  Plus he's a LHP.  With Cease going for us, the odds should be in our favor.    

6 minutes ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Looks like he went to the A's as part of the Montas/Trivino tade with NYY.  He's 2-1 with a 2.63 ERA and 1.317 WHIP, pitching 5-6 innings per start since then.  Not a big strikeout guy either.  Not bad, but not great.  Plus he's a LHP.  With Cease going for us, the odds should be in our favor.    

Pitching to contact is Oakland is a pretty solid strategy.

24 minutes ago, shago said:

Am I the only one who likes the Sox graveyard aka the RingCentral Coliseum? Thought so ... 

Oakland will never build them a stadium. They might as well move to Arlington Hts.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're going to have to have a 3 game lead going to the last 9 games to have a chance. Even that might not be enough as Cleveland is home for all 9 games and has KC for 6 and Texas for 3. 

I think people discount KC more than they should

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're going to have to have a 3 game lead going to the last 9 games to have a chance. Even that might not be enough as Cleveland is home for all 9 games and has KC for 6 and Texas for 3. 

The White Sox have 25 games left and they play a good team once, or 3 of those games, in San Diego.

The A's, Rockies, Tigers, Indians, and Twins are not good teams. Unfortunately, were not a very good team either but as it has been all year were not out of it yet.

Picked up some 2nd row tix right next to the Sox dugout, home plate side for tonight for $60 a piece on Stubhub.  Look for the guy with the giant Irishman head wearing a spring training Sox cap if you want to catch a glimpse of JoeCredeYes in the flesh. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Don't know anything about the A's starting pitcher tonight but he's 5-1 with an ERA of 2.3...for a team that's 37 games under .500

That got my attention and I hope it got the Sox players attention as well.

I also noticed only one White Sox player Andrus has faced Sears and he is 0-2. 

I worry when our boys face a pitcher they have never seen before, because they often struggle early and make them look like Cy Young.

Our guys need to score runs early and often and give an early lead for Dylan. 

No more time for chocking and mediocre weak play. The A's are 47 games under 500. The Sox need to take advantage of these next 6 games against two garbage teams. 

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I worry when our boys face a pitcher they have never seen before, because they often struggle early and make them look like Cy Young.

No more time for chocking and mediocre weak play. The A's are 47 games under 500. The Sox need to take advantage of these next 6 games against two garbage teams. 

The A's are so bad, that even the White Sox are almost 20 games better than them.

36 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I think they are 37 games under but you have a valid point.