That's a White Sox Beat Down Winner

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

The White Sox started the game with back to back HR's by Elvis Andrus and Yoan Moncada and never looked back.

Yoan Moncada went 5-6 with 2 HR's and 5 RBI.

Romy Gonzalez was 4/5 with a 3 run HR and a double.

Eloy 1-4 with a 2 run HR. 14 runs scored is the most ever in the Oakland Coliseum in 309 career games there. Sox also had 21 hits.

5 HR's equals the most amount ever in Oakland

Dylan Cease pitched 6 innings with 0 runs, 3 hits, 9 K and 2 BB lowering his E.R.A to 2.06. He also got 200 K's for the 2nd time in his career . 7th pitcher in White Sox history to have multiple 200 K years.

Final score 14-2. Sox gain a 1/2 game on the Indians who were idle. Twins beat the Yankees.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The White Sox started the game with back to back HR's by Elvis Andrus and Yoan Moncada and never looked back.

Yoan Moncada went 5-6 with 2 HR's and 5 RBI.

Romy Gonzalez was 4/5 with a 3 run HR and a double.

Eloy 1-4 with a 2 run HR. 14 runs scored is the most ever in the Oakland Coliseum in 309 career games there. Sox also had 21 hits.

5 HR's equals the most amount ever in Oakland

Dylan Cease pitched 6 innings with 0 runs, 3 hits, 9 K and 2 BB lowering his E.R.A to 2.06. He also got 200 K's for the 2nd time in his career . 7th pitcher in White Sox history to have multiple 200 K years.

Final score 14-2. Sox gain a 1/2 game on the Indians who were idle. Twins beat the Yankees.

I appreciate you being on tap to start these White Sox winner threads with quick highlights every night, Cali! Here's hoping our Sox keep winning and give you more opportunities for game winner threads.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I appreciate you being on tap to start these White Sox winner threads with quick highlights every night, Cali! Here's hoping our Sox keep winning and give you more opportunities for game winner threads.

It used to be if you wrote as much as I did after the game ended someone who wrote less beat me to it. Seems like there's less interest in doing it now. Plenty of times this season no one posted any at all so I figured I'd pick up the slack.

Usually the games are so close I can't write up the summary before the game ends like I could with this one. ;) Just had to tweak a few things when Yoan and Romy made outs in their last AB's and wait for the final score.

Some highlights from this:

7th time in franchise history that the Sox have opened the game with back to back HR's.

Elvis Andrus 1st career leadoff HR.

Moncada 1st time since 2019 he had a multi- HR game.

White Sox 19 HR's in last 10 games. Only 18 HR's in the previous 27 games.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

That'd be huge! 

Soon doesn't mean this year. He may not even be any help to the Sox next year if his plan is to be a starting pitcher.

If he does become a starting pitcher. he's basically starting from scratch. It's possible he could have a role like Kopech had last year but he may be better off doing that in the minors. https://www.mlb.com/news/garrett-crochet-looking-for-white-sox-starter-role

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Soon doesn't mean this year. He may not even be any help to the Sox next year if his plan is to be a starting pitcher.

If he does become a starting pitcher. he's basically starting from scratch. It's possible he could have a role like Kopech had last year but he may be better off doing that in the minors. https://www.mlb.com/news/garrett-crochet-looking-for-white-sox-starter-role

Womp, totally down with him starting, but if soon meant this year I'd hope he'd be open to coming out of the pen for the playoffs if they make it.