9/9 White Sox @ Athletics

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Not sure where it's from.  I found the image online....I had decided to change my photo to a cuban sandwich because the Cuban Comet at the ballpark was the best thing this team had going for it.

My son recently had a quite good Cuban Sandwich at the Timeout Chicago food hall on Fulton Street.  He let me have a bite.

Minnie Minoso? 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Not sure where it's from.  I found the image online....I had decided to change my photo to a cuban sandwich because the Cuban Comet at the ballpark was the best thing this team had going for it.

My son recently had a quite good Cuban Sandwich at the Timeout Chicago food hall on Fulton Street.  He let me have a bite.

Cool, I'll have to check it out next time I head down to Great Central Brewing / Goose Island Fulton / Kaiser Tiger.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Cool, I'll have to check it out next time I head down to Great Central Brewing / Goose Island Fulton / Kaiser Tiger.

My wife just reminded me of a great cuban sandwich she had at The Iron Whisk, a restaurant in Southern Illinois.

Just now, wegner said:

My wife just reminded me of a great cuban sandwich she had at The Iron Whisk, a restaurant in Southern Illinois.

My father's family fled Franco's Spain in the early 40s to Havana. My father fled Cuba in the early 60s, became a citizen after serving in the Navy (pre-Nam). Still have family there, but waiting for a long overdue regime change first.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

My father's family fled Franco's Spain in the early 40s to Havana. My father fled Cuba in the early 60s, became a citizen after serving in the Navy (pre-Nam). Still have family there, but waiting for a long overdue regime change first.

Let's hope we see that change in our lifetime.  The Cuban people have been through enough.

• Hawk 1

Watching this puts me in a bad mood. It doesn't help that on the mlb.com feed every half inning you have to watch the Snoop commercial with the SNL guy. My gawd. How can that advertising strategy work? You get SICK of that commercial over and over. Who would buy that product??

Gordo jinxed the Sox last night. Benetti asked him about teams coming back after scoring 14 runs. Gordo thought the team would keep hitting. Didn;'t happen at all. Sox couldn't beat this rotten team.

Just now, MexSoxFan#1 said:

It's infuriating  what's happening right now but let's take the next two, 3/4 from a horrible A's team isn't bad.

Me trying to be positive 🙂 

Props to anyone who can stay positive after this stinker....but hey it's not over yet. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1