9/9 White Sox @ Athletics

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tony said:

There truly isn't a single argument anyone could make at this point. 

Because of that, I expect to see TLR back on the bench by about Wednesday or Thursday, because that's the Sox. 

Right in time for our game against Cleveland. 

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Cairo just has so much more life in him that gives the team some energy. I think it was after the 2nd run scored they showed Cairo basically walking back from the end of the dugout, I assume from giving props to whoever it may have been. Tony barely moves 

Tony's just too old to have that kind of energy. Unless somebody swings on 3-0 against a position player. 

Edited by chw42
  • Haha 2
  • TLR 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

But but but they’re winning “for Tony”!!!!!!!

I don't think the players necessarily hate Tony and I'm sure there might be an ounce of truth to them winning "for him". But the atmosphere in the dugout and the results definitely say that the team is better off without him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I don't think the players necessarily hate Tony and I'm sure there might be an ounce of truth to them winning "for him". But the atmosphere in the dugout and the results definitely say that the team is better off without him. 

Tony doesn’t deserve to ever step foot in that dugout again. 

Now let’s go twins. Man does that feel dirty to type. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Twinkiez down 1 going into the bottom of the 9th.  Very soon we will be either in sole possession of 2nd place or 1/2 game outta 1st....I'll take the latter please.

Clase doesn't look as wild tonight. Guardians will probably hang on. 

12 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Cairo just has so much more life in him that gives the team some energy. I think it was after the 2nd run scored they showed Cairo basically walking back from the end of the dugout, I assume from giving props to whoever it may have been. Tony barely moves 

I don't know, but this seems like a stretch to me. Cairo can bring this same energy whether he's the bench coach or the acting manager. 

1 minute ago, Frankensteiner said:

I don't know, but this seems like a stretch to me. Cairo can bring this same energy whether he's the bench coach or the acting manager. 

As someone who played a 2nd role similar to that, I will say this is utterly false.  I had a complete different leadership style than the first in command, and when he was around what i could do and couldn't do as far as leadership style was night and day different.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MysterySource5000 said:

As someone who played a 2nd role similar to that, I will say this is utterly false.  I had a complete different leadership style than the first in command, and when he was around what i could do and couldn't do as far as leadership style was night and day different.

You really think Tony sits there and tells Cairo not to show excitement or encourage the guys in the dugout? Not buying that at all.