9/9 White Sox @ Athletics

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Dan Pasqua said:

So we came back to beat Oakland in Oakland?  Nice!!  I tuned in the top of the 9th and they still pulled it off.

It was an absolutely ridiculous 9th, but I think we all saw why Oakland is the worst team in baseball. The Sox doing that against Puk was pretty impressive. He's been really good this season.

Gotta get the next two, ideally. There's really no room for error the rest of the season.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Gotta get the next two, ideally. There's really no room for error the rest of the season.

They can't win them all, but I know what you mean.

I have been impressed with Romy G the past few series. His D is excellent and he has proven to be  a clutch hitter with occasional power.  There is no reason to put Leury or Harrison at second. If/When TA comes back, a decision will have to be made about where to deploy Elvis.  I am not sure what I would do to be honest.

Edited by tray
grammar
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, tray said:

I have been impressed with Romy G the past few series. His D is excellent and he has proven to be  a clutch hitter with occasional power.  There is no reason to put Leury or Harrison at second. If/When TA comes back, a decision will have to be made about where to deploy Elvis.  I am not sure what I would do to be honest.

I agree 100%. There's absolutely no reason for Romy to not be a full-time player. And you have to find some way to keep Elvis in the lineup. He's just been...fantastic. It's a tough spot to be in, because, ideally, you want all three of them in the lineup. I just have absolutely no idea how to go about it.

7 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

This game is a microcosm of the entire season. Disappointing. Exhausting. Infuriating.

Quoting you only because this is where I tapped out last night because I had to get to bed early, and I didn’t disagree with you at the time. 

Feels like the first time all season the Sox have had a comeback like this. Totally shocked when I checked the score this morning.

I’m still not sure how I’ll feel if the Sox make the playoffs after the terrible  season they’ve had to this point, but I’m more than willing to find out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Just ask @southsider2k5

We won't talk about the 15 posts you did after your warning to get suspended either, right?  Nor the fact that this is why you are trolling Soxtalk today? 

But yes @Paulie4Pres, consider this a warning.  Please leave the politics out of it.

2 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Quoting you only because this is where I tapped out last night because I had to get to bed early, and I didn’t disagree with you at the time. 

Feels like the first time all season the Sox have had a comeback like this. Totally shocked when I checked the score this morning.

I’m still not sure how I’ll feel if the Sox make the playoffs after the terrible  season they’ve had to this point, but I’m more than willing to find out. 

It’s never over until it’s over.  Keep the faith!

2 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I will admit...I was wrong lol. 

A sweep would them at 6-1 that’s 25% or the 28 games I talked about. A sweep leaves room for an extra loss. We are 3 out in the loss column and Cleveland needs to make up a few games I guess. Those 3 games Cleveland needs to make up could be wins also. Cannot take the foot off the gas. Need a big win today and rest Hendriks. Lynne has stepped up big time his last few starts. Needs to do it the rest of the year. We get Cueto Sunday. 

10 hours ago, tray said:

Andrus at 2B and put Romy in the OF and stop DH’ing Yaz and Sheets. Romy has only played a few innings in the OF corners, but can’t possibly be worse than Eloy, AV and Sheets. Probably makes us too RH heavy, but it’s not like Sheets or Yaz are exactly killing the ball against righties. Ride the hot hitters