That's a White Sox 5 run 9th Winner !!

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Amazing what happens when Leury and Harrison don’t have to take clutch at bats.

I'm terrified Tony will come back and we'll immediately see inane bullshit like:

SS: Andrus / Leury / Romy
2B: Harrison / Leury / Romy
3B: Moncada / Harrison / Romy
RF: Sheets / Leury

Then when Anderson is back:

SS: Anderson / Andrus / Leury
2B: Harrison / Andrus/ Leury
3B: Moncada / Harrison / Leury
RF: Leury / Sheets

Romy sent down.

13 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm terrified Tony will come back and we'll immediately see inane bullshit like:

SS: Andrus / Leury / Romy
2B: Harrison / Leury / Romy
3B: Moncada / Harrison / Romy
RF: Sheets / Leury

Then when Anderson is back:

SS: Anderson / Andrus / Leury
2B: Harrison / Andrus/ Leury
3B: Moncada / Harrison / Leury
RF: Leury / Sheets

Romy sent down.

Just stop. It makes my eyes bleed.

I certainly didn't see that one coming after 8 innings of 2022 Sox baseball attempting to give Aokland a no hitter, but the 9th inning comeback has made me begin to believe (hope) again. I just hope that is not crushed again by the return of TLR, don't rock a winning formula, keep him on the end of a phone and let Cairo manage for the rest of the season.

The most dramatic and biggest win in over a decade. If this is not a turning point, then this team wasn't meant to win anything. That was a game the Sox should have lost. Good teams win such games. And A's were not laying down. Their second baseman took two hits away from the Sox, and that throw to the plate was right on the money. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fathom said:

Amazing what happens when Leury and Harrison don’t have to take clutch at bats.

Or basically any at bats at all.
When Cairo took over, Leury sits.
When Moncada comes back, Harrison sits.  Playing the unheralded young player is close to a step into the unknown for this team and for this org.

• Like 1

what a game! i can't believe it ... i finally succumbed to being tired last night after 8 ... shoulda known that this team is different than Tony's team. Woke up to a surprise. 

Has any Sox player even vaguely said things like "we won this one for Tony" or the likes? Like, I'd imagine if like Dave Roberts had a heart issue there'd be many statements like oh, man, we just kept fighting. know we had to win for coach and keep this going until he comes back. 

instead you have guys vaguely referencing how much nicer it is with him gone ... 

crazy.  

7 hours ago, Green Line said:

Gio does suck though.

Not on the road in the last 5 games . Sucking needs qualifiers. He pitched well for 5 innings. Gave up a couple in the 6th while tiring but 3 runs total kept the Sox in a position to win it along with the relief work of Kelly and Bummer. That's pretty much all you can ask of a starting pitcher to keep you within striking distance.

8 hours ago, Green Line said:

Gio does suck though.

Before his start today he was 4-0 in his last 4 road starts with a a 2.08 ERA . Even after his start today and no decision that's still easily acceptable. So at least he's not total suckage.

I doubt many fans wanted to see Kelly and Bummer either but they pitched well.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

Awesome comeback win and maybe the most important one this year. As Ozzie Guillen mentioned in the post game comments, maybe this was the game that will ignite these guys to finish this season strong and win this division. 

Not to be negative, but as it's been mentioned, the Sox were being no hit for 6 innings and had only 3 hits and zero runs through 8 innings,. This was a bullpen game for the last place A's which were 38 games under .500 at the time.

Hopefully they will learn from this outing and not wait so long to explode. They need to jump on pitchers early like the A's did to Giolito.

Btw, that was 3 straight games for Eloy hitting a home run! Good things happen when they hit home runs!

Edited by The Kids Can Play