9/10 Sox @ Athletics 3:07 CT

Vote4Pedro

Just now, fathom said:

Eloy is just awesome. Abreu with the bases loaded….not

This is the best he's looked since 2020. He had a week or 2 last year where he looked like he was locked in, but he was awful in September and October. I don't know if you've noticed but he's closed his stance a lot more this year and he's had more success against pitches on the outer half. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, T R U said:

That’s ridiculous, Giolito has a 4.21 FIP

Its not his fault these guys can’t play defense 

He's been a bit unlucky, but his stuff just gets lit up by good teams. The Astros have absolutely abused him this year. 

You only need 3 starters in the first round and I'd rather take Kopech as the 4th starter in the division series just off stuff alone. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

He's been a bit unlucky, but his stuff just gets lit up by good teams. The Astros have absolutely abused him this year. 

You only need 3 starters in the first round and I'd rather take Kopech as the 4th starter in the division series just off stuff alone. 

I would have to agree with this. And actually I would make Cueto SP #1 based on experience alone. Take the pressure off Cease a bit. Cueto-1 Cease-2 Lynn-3 Kopech-4. Sorry Gio but you're on pen duty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Vaughn is such a ground ball machine

We have a few of those including Abreu who has also been a double play machine.  Abreu has been hitting much better with no one on base. He is too impatient with me on, not working the count or waiting for a good pitch to hit. IMO.

4 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I would have to agree with this. And actually I would make Cueto SP #1 based on experience alone. Take the pressure off Cease a bit. Cueto-1 Cease-2 Lynn-3 Kopech-4. Sorry Gio but you're on pen duty.

Giolito has a 6.67 ERA and a WHIP of 1.7 against teams with a record above .500 this year. I'm not even sure you can put him in the bullpen in the postseason. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Giolito has a 6.67 ERA and a WHIP of 1.7 against teams with a record above .500 this year. I'm not even sure you can put him in the bullpen in the postseason. 

There’s other pitchers worth keeping off well before Giolito

Just now, hankchifan said:

Should Cairo consider hitting Eloy ahead of Abreu.  Eloy has been more clutch!

He should. Jose has also done better in the 4 spot this year. Yoan shouldn't really be hitting 2nd against RHP either.