9/10 Sox @ Athletics 3:07 CT

Vote4Pedro

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Starting to kind of feel bad for the A's...

They just showed this is the first time in franchise history the Sox have had multiple 20 hit games in a single series. WHAT. That's insane.

Don't. Their ownership deserves every bit of embarrassment. 

• Thanks 1

Great offensive game so don’t want to complain…but at what point do they give up on Sheets just because he’s a lefty? I’d rather see Romy play the OF at this point. Or if the mysterious Robert wrist injury doesnt heal call Payton back up. Or just go with Colas, he has nothing left to prove at AA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Great offensive game so don’t want to complain…but at what point do they give up on Sheets just because he’s a lefty? I’d rather see Romy play the OF at this point. Or if the mysterious Robert wrist injury doesnt heal call Payton back up. Or just go with Colas, he has nothing left to prove at AA.

You really can't give up on Sheets because his home splits are so good. You can give up on him on the road and next year too by trading him. Next year it's imperative to get some real OF's with speed because ofthe new rules regarding shifts and pick off attempts. I hope the front office isn't blind to this.

43 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He's been a bit unlucky, but his stuff just gets lit up by good teams. The Astros have absolutely abused him this year. 

You only need 3 starters in the first round and I'd rather take Kopech as the 4th starter in the division series just off stuff alone. 

This talk is premature.  JR and TLR might ruin this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, T R U said:

That’s ridiculous, Giolito has a 4.21 FIP

Its not his fault these guys can’t play defense 

It's not ridiculous when he's basically the #5 starter at this point.  #5 starters don't play in the postseason.  And it's not as if Giolito has any bullpen experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Starting to kind of feel bad for the A's...

They just showed this is the first time in franchise history the Sox have had multiple 20 hit games in a single series. WHAT. That's insane.

That appears to be incorrect. This is from DVS's game wrap story at the Sun-Times:

The Sox (72-68) had 20 hits or more twice in a three-game span for only the second time in history. They also did it June 19 (at Cleveland) and June 21 (at Minnesota) of 1974.