9/13 vs. Rockies 710CT - Kopech v. Kuhl: A New Streak Starts

ChiSox59

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I still don't understand why they are pitching Cease Wednesday instead of Thursday in Cleveland. Maybe Cairo is listening to TLR too much!

Are they placing a greater value on routine over best matchup for that one game?

or maybe they are looking even farther ahead?🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Are they placing a greater value on routine over best matchup for that one game?

or maybe they are looking even farther ahead?🤷‍♂️

There’s so many off days ahead that they could move guys around again if they wanted Cease going every 5th day here on out.

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I still don't understand why they are pitching Cease Wednesday instead of Thursday in Cleveland. Maybe Cairo is listening to TLR too much!

We need the win…. Better odds on the win against the Rockies….. as compared to beating the Indians( sorry….I’m not into the woke bs)…..

Edited by Scubadentist
  • Haha 2

With Cleveland winning again tonight the Sox are three back with 21 to go. They simply MUST, MUST win AT LEAST three of the four left against them.

Realistically there are no other games that's why Cease has to pitch against them as often as possible. If they can't beat a bad Rockies team that's on them anyway and they don't deserve a playoff spot in my opinion..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scubadentist said:

We need the win…. Better odds on the win against the Rockies….. as compared to beating the Indians( sorry….I’m not into the woke bs)…..

Not into accuracy or current reality either. No doubt you still call your syrup Aunt Jemima, because you may not be into "woke bs", but you are committed to offending others.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1

The Sox appear to be in the situation, where every game now, is like a playoff game . they really cannot afford very many (if any) losses now, if they want to catch, and pass, Cleveland . teams that have to fight like this, to end the year, can have the advantage of being used to playing in high stress . but on the other hand, may also be drained and just collapse'

I truly believe that if the Sox can fight their way to the post season, then we won't have any more of that being eliminated in the 1st round stuff.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I agree and I would rather switch Cease with Giolito for that road makeup game against Cleveland. We also have Cleveland again at home after the Detroit series and he is scheduled to get one start in that series. I guess I personally would rather see Cease in 2 starts vs one start in the next 4 Cleveland games. 

However the sad thing is, if Giolito could just pitch like he once did, then nobody here would have a problem if he did the next Cleveland game. 

The Sox have 21 games left. We are 4 games back from Cleveland in the loss column. The boys need to step up and everyone on the team needs to do their job and be clutch in every game! Frankly they just need to play their best ball of the year like nothing we've seen from them this year.

The Sox can't worry about what Cleveland does! They need a W-L record starting tonight like nothing they have done all season. We will find out in the next 21 games if our Sox players can be clutch and dominant in both hitting and pitching and to prove to themselves and the fans, they are a championship caliber team. 

2 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

I truly believe that if the Sox can fight their way to the post season, then we won't have any more of that being eliminated in the 1st round stuff.

A 5 game comeback this fast against division rivals is going to be tough. That's the kind of thing that could leave your roster just plain worn out. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

A 5 game comeback this fast against division rivals is going to be tough. That's the kind of thing that could leave your roster just plain worn out. 

On the other side of the coin, we already saw a period where they gained what… 4 games in 5 days?

If they don’t want Cease getting too much rest and throwing off his routine, I would just flip-flop Giolito and Lynn. Let Lynn face Cleveland on Thursday, and then have Lucas open up the series against Detroit. There is no scenario where I’m pitching Giolito in the biggest game of the year. 

• Hawk 1