9/13 vs. Rockies 710CT - Kopech v. Kuhl: A New Streak Starts

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sheets isn’t a major league anything, and should not be part of the discussion or the 2023 White Sox. Vaughn Eloy and Abreu for 1-2 more years covering DH 1B and LF will work out. 

No, it won’t. None of those 3 can play LF.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly, none of those things are the top priority for ‘23. Right now  Davis Martin is their 2023 fifth starter and as far as I can tell their 6th starter is Mr. offday. With everyone other than Cease having some issue this year, they need a starter and it shouldn’t be a cheap back of the rotation guy. Bare minimum of bringing Cueto back is probably a $10 million signing, and unless they have a deep playoff run that is probably half or more of what they have to spend if they go that route.

I could see this being the time to trade Vaughn and clear out the DH logjam if it brings back a starter.

Sox are going to have to roll with Giolito, Kopech, Lynn and Cease thats 4 of the 5 starters. Of course I d love a competent 5th start and Giolito to rebound , just as I want Moncada and Grandal to rebound. However the lineup can't hit and can't field. How do you not prioritize fixing the defense and balancing the lineup when all you have to do is play Colas and find another LH OF ? 2 fixes with obtaining one decent LH OF. I know it won't fix the entire defense but it's a dam good place to start.

Trading Vaughn may be necessary I agree but between trading off some youth and the rest being injured or terribly inconsistent  the core has disintegrated massively. The Sox are just going to have to roll with Eloy, Moncada , Grandal and Giolito. They don't have the resources to do much else.

My suggestion or my priority is get one good LH OF and play Colas and it fixes 2 areas of concern hitting and defense simultaneously. I can call starting pitching 1A if you'd like but the history of the franchise has always been pitching rich and very very LH hitting poor. The LH hitting poor part has always historically hurt the Sox as a franchise. They just have better karma finding pitching. They haven't had any luck with LH hitting and that has to change. I'm looking at this from a historical and current need standpoint.

On 9/12/2022 at 5:07 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

I still don't understand why they are pitching Cease Wednesday instead of Thursday in Cleveland. Maybe Cairo is listening to TLR too much!

I don’t understand either.  Cleveland is leading tonight 3-1 in the 8 th against the Angels. We must win the Cleveland game Thursday.  Cease is our best bet.