9/14 vs. Rockies @ 110CT - Cease v. Freeland: Keep Winning, Please

ChiSox59

18 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

Please no Robert today. He’s just embarrassing himself and a threat to reinjure 

If they aren't going to play Robert, they need to get Payton the MLB roster and let him back 8th or 9th.  

I understand Hahn's take on not ILing Robert.  You don't want to lose him for 10 days if he only needs 5.  But yeah, he's just not useful at the plate right now.  Really no one on the roster to cut/option though if you're not ILing Robert.  

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If they aren't going to play Robert, they need to get Payton the MLB roster and let him back 8th or 9th.  

I understand Hahn's take on not ILing Robert.  You don't want to lose him for 10 days if he only needs 5.  But yeah, he's just not useful at the plate right now.  Really no one on the roster to cut/option though if you're not ILing Robert.  

At this point, it has been 3 weeks since that game against Baltimore where he couldn't hold onto the bat. He is 0 for his last 15 since that game. 

The initial injury seems to have happened on August 12, they gave him 8 days off before playing him 5 games in 6 days, with him aggravating it in that last game. So, they've gotten 4 good games out of him in 33 days, with no IL stint. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, superchops70 said:

Please no Robert today. He’s just embarrassing himself and a threat to reinjure 

I don't know the exact nature of the injury, but the handling of Robert is crazy. He can't swing the bat, and he is one of the team's most important players. Yes, winning the division is important, but there are more important things. Like seeing that Robert doesn't do any more injury to this hand. His development is a lot more important than winning this horse-bleep division.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

Cleveland up 1-0 in the 2nd.

It must be so fun being a fan of the Angels.   All the natuonal love and praise over 2 of the best players in baseball in Trout and Ohtani....yet the team basically sucks.

24 minutes ago, wegner said:

It must be so fun being a fan of the Angels.   All the national love and praise over 2 of the best players in baseball in Trout and Ohtani....yet the team basically sucks.

Major market major spending major talent major suck. Who knew?? I would consider following them otherwise.