9/14 vs. Rockies @ 110CT - Cease v. Freeland: Keep Winning, Please

ChiSox59

Just now, wegner said:

Bullpens are a crapshoot....I would not be surprised if Kelly is great next year...he can't be much worse.

I would still say that half of Kelly's terrible-ness is the fact that they keep rushing these guys back from being on the injured list without proper rehab. It's clearly not all of it, he is having another crappy run lately, but that first month he clearly needed more time in Charlotte. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

We’re in for one hell of a s%*# show next month.  

I would say the conditioning people will get canned.  Then TLR gets a "never felt better in my life" and everyone stays the same.  If anything Cairo might get bounced because TLR will see him as competition.  Then more roster gymnastics will go on, and not in a good way.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

No idea, but if the Dodgers can’t fix him, I don’t think the Sox can.

He's been a positive defensive OF this year so that's something. I wonder if the Dodgers have tried teaching him to hit the ball on the ground the other way? 

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

I would say the conditioning people will get canned.  Then TLR gets a "never felt better in my life" and everyone stays the same.  If anything Cairo might get bounced because TLR will see him as competition.  Then more roster gymnastics will go on, and not in a good way.  

Yep, JR and Tony vs the world.  I still buy in to the idea Tony sticks around next year and then JR tries to sell

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Nothing sums up the 2022 White Sox like watching the pageantry of extreme athletes jogging to first to avoid injury.  In a few weeks they will have all of the time in the world to rest their boo boos.  

Didn’t know Robert had leg issues…he went for a nice jog there

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would still say that half of Kelly's terrible-ness is the fact that they keep rushing these guys back from being on the injured list without proper rehab. It's clearly not all of it, he is having another crappy run lately, but that first month he clearly needed more time in Charlotte. 

This has been a really odd season of rushing guys back in combination with not putting guys on the IL who clearly should be there.

Just now, PorkChopExpress said:

Why is Robert playing?  He clearly is still hampered by the hand/wrist.  He's not adding anything to the team like this.

He's better defensively than Pollock and Engel so there is that. 

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'm wondering if return time from injury protection will start creeping up in more contracts. 

1 minute ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Why is Robert playing?  He clearly is still hampered by the hand/wrist.  He's not adding anything to the team like this.

As mentioned above, the number of awful decisions regarding player activation and then playing time is something that can’t be forgiven.

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Without the shift next year he might be better. 

That's an interesting point. My guess is the better organizations will be finding hidden value in players who will benefit from the rules change.

That won't be us of course. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, JR and Tony vs the world.  I still buy in to the idea Tony sticks around next year and then JR tries to sell

The collective isn't selling until JR is dead.  This is a fun little money scam for him.  You aren't good enough to fill the seats, who cares.  I get a discount due to a clause that was part of the lease.  Monies come in from the league anyway.  Just collect money, make it look like we are doing something and let my band of misfits run the team.  

• Like 1