9/14 vs. Rockies @ 110CT - Cease v. Freeland: Keep Winning, Please

ChiSox59

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If this holds, the Guardians will be 5 games up in the loss column. If they win 1 against the White Sox, they take the tiebreaker, so in that case they would need to have 6 more losses than the White Sox.

21 games left for Cleveland. 19 games left for the White Sox. 

If Cleveland were to go 10-11, the White Sox need to go 14-5. 12-9 for Cleveland and the White Sox would need to go 16-3. 

When the Indians celebrate, they should force this group of players to watch it.  Then KW should ask them the question, how in the f*** is this possible.  How exactly did a team that tried to lay down beat you in your, checks notes, world series contention window.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

When the Indians celebrate, they should force this group of players to watch it.  Then KW should ask them the question, how in the f*** is this possible.  How exactly did a team that tried to lay down beat you in your, checks notes, world series contention window.    

From what I've seen this year, their manager would have fallen asleep half way through this exercise and the rest of them would be doing something else by the end.

13 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Moncada, very talented on paper player who had one good season.   Just bad.  

Matches Eloy's entire career (5.1 bWAR vs. 5.4 career bWAR for Eloy).

4 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

No, Kenny should make Rick Hahn watch it, and then fire his ass immediately.

When the Sox signed Grandal, I took the advice of a smart poster here who warned us all that he was streaky and would drive us crazy so I was prepared for that.

I had no such warning about Pollock so his streakiness, when it is awful, really pisses me off.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wegner said:

Anyone think we can trace this year's crapfest to last year's trade deadline?  Put alot of $$ into a guy with no trade value.

I would say Kimble trade was a major mistake when we did not need a closer, and should have used those resources to get a quality LH outfielder instead.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Never say never 

Yoan Moncada Contract details:

Guaranteed salary:
2023: $17.8 million
2024: $24.8 million.
2025: $5 million buyout.

Who is taking that on right now under any circumstances? There are only a handful of players in all of MLB who have clearly worse contracts than that given his 2022 performance. $50 million remaining for 0.7 fWAR this year is Patrick Corbin territory ($59 million remaining for Corbin). 

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I would say Kimble trade was a major mistake when we did not need a closer, and should have used those resources to get a quality LH outfielder instead.

Not only did the trades kill them last year, now it’s had a negative impact on 2022 and 2023.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

The White Sox clearly needed bullpen help in 2021 and getting 2 strongly performing RH relievers at the deadline was well justified. Their 8th inning numbers were awful even before Kimbrel took that spot.

Their problem was more than anything a failure to scout a guy who had the lowest BABIP of his career to that point and the lowest HR rates of his career to that point in the season, where they needed to realize that he couldn't be the same pitcher in the 2nd half that he was beforehand.