What's so good about Cleveland game thread 9-15 12:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I guess the good news is that should they lose Thursday,  everyone and his brother will finally realize this season is over.

That's what I was thinking. Mercifully Cleveland can put an end to this run of mediocrity with a win Thursday.

Guards are throwing RHP Hunter Gaddis on the mound. Dude has had one MLB start this season in which he gave up 8 earned runs in 3 and a third innings. Cleveland must know the Sox are excellent at turning bad minor league pitchers into one-day Cy Young candidates.

Lynn has to bring his A-stuff today. Hopefully the bats explode. Today is a must-win.

Edited by ScooterMcGuire
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Guards are throwing RHP Hunter Gaddis on the mound. Dude has had one MLB start this season in which he gave up 8 earned runs in 3 and a third innings. Cleveland must know the Sox are excellent at turning bad minor league pitchers into one-day Cy Young candidates.

Lynn has to bring his A-stuff today. Hopefully the bats explode. Today is a must-win.

This means we will be 5 back and officially finished. 

17 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

The Sox only real hope is Cleveland going 10-11 the rest of the way. I don’t see that happening. Plus, the Sox would still have to go 14-5 (also don’t see that happening) because I think Cleveland has the tiebreaker.

Pretty certain we’re done.

Cleveland has 9 wins over the White Sox this year and 10 wins seals the tiebreaker. The teams have 4 games left. Cleveland has the tiebreaker with 1 win out of those 4 games. 5 games in the loss column is probably too big of a margin to overcome already, but sweeping those 4 might give them a chance. 1 loss to Cleveland makes it dramatically tougher.

59 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

The Sox only real hope is Cleveland going 10-11 the rest of the way. I don’t see that happening. Plus, the Sox would still have to go 14-5 (also don’t see that happening) because I think Cleveland has the tiebreaker.

Pretty certain we’re done.

Just have to win all the games we have left against Cleveland, then we have the tie breaker.....stop laughing....i'm serious this time.

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Caught the tail end of Stoney on WSCR just now. Lots of excuses (injuries) and defense of Tony.

Ozzie in the post game yesterday was defending Tony as well and saying he did not like how the players seem to be criticizing TLR after he covered for them for 5 months.  It seems like the message has come from on high to talk injuries, injuries, injuries.  Does not bode well for next season imo.

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

This means we will be 5 back and officially finished. 

Which would mark the 700th time we are officially finished this year. 

I fully expect to lose the Cleveland game and sweep Detroit, while Cleveland loses their series vs Minnesota.

There’s always time for one more letdown.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I went to college in Ohio and never met one person from Cleveland....they all lived in some mythical land called "Shaker Heights".  My point is, much like the R.O.U.S., I don't think Cleveland even exists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ozzie in the post game yesterday was defending Tony as well and saying he did not like how the players seem to be criticizing TLR after he covered for them for 5 months.  It seems like the message has come from on high to talk injuries, injuries, injuries.  Does not bode well for next season imo.

Add Colas and Andrus to opening day and we’re done improving.

• TLR 1

The offense went on a little rampage and things looked better. But against the Rockies, they scored a total of four runs in two games and again showed the inability to get hits with runners on. And they also got shut out in Seattle.  Somehow, I don't think much will change. Don't assume a sweep in Detroit regardless of what happens in Cleveland.

31 minutes ago, wegner said:

I didn't see this but that is pretty serious BS as he panned him pretty hard the previous day.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I didn't see this but that is pretty serious BS as he panned him pretty hard the previous day.

Ozzie is a bit like Chicago weather....if you don't like his opinion, stick around....he might change it in the next segment.

• Like 1