What's so good about Cleveland game thread 9-15 12:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

Yes but the odds of Minnesota sweeping the 5 games, are slim and none, we can win 7 straight, is it possible? Yes, feasible no. Cleveland could be overconfident playing Texas and KC. KC loves to play spoiler. It’ll be interesting. 

Under Cairo, the pattern has been lose a game then win 4 straight. Then go 1-2 and then win 4 straight. 

LWWWWLWLWWWWLWL

Let's hope this continues. 

• Like 1

Just now, kitekrazy said:

Them winning 6 in a row.  1 game series were a win was not necessary for them to go to a more competitive series. They are not the team put in a position to where going undefeated the rest of the season if almost necessary.

No, but one win over the White Sox is really quite big for them because of that tiebreaker. 

You get that tiebreaker and then win a couple games against the Twins and you can genuinely start resting people and setting your rotation. They are 4 up in the loss column after today - counting the tiebreaker, had they put their best pitchers out today and really gone for it they could have had effectively a 7 game lead in the loss column.

I don't get this unless somehow they thought this guy would be better? 

12 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Is TA coming back?  I really want to see him unrestricted with power bat.  I'm convinced these guys were neutered.

They said 2 days ago that he was about to "ramp up activities and could be back next week". I am skeptical that he would be ready for a playoff chase after 5 weeks off followed by 1 week of ramping up activities. 

I'm also skeptical of the notion that he can outdo what Andrus is doing right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Funny how when he's not in the building the offense goes back to scoring a bunch of runs. 

Seriously, though.  I can't stand TLR and hated that he was hired, so I love seeing it play out ike this, but can there really be something to this team playing better when he's not around, or is it just coincidence?  It's crazy.

2 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

I would actually be surprised if they don't sweep . when we play Cleveland again thought, it looks like we get both McKenzie & Bieber  . that's a tough road.

Seems like Tito wants that series more than just this one game. They really only need to win 1 game for the tie breaker. 

Just now, PorkChopExpress said:

Seriously, though.  I can't stand TLR and hated that he was hired, so I love seeing it play out ike this, but can there really be something to this team playing better when he's not around, or is it just coincidence?  It's crazy.

I think today has more to do with the Guardians throwing a BP machine. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

They said 2 days ago that he was about to "ramp up activities and could be back next week". I am skeptical that he would be ready for a playoff chase after 5 weeks off followed by 1 week of ramping up activities. 

I'm also skeptical of the notion that he can outdo what Andrus is doing right now.

Can he outdo what Harrison/Romy/Leury are doing?  Because when he comes back, Andrus is shifting over to 2B, but they can both be in the lineup together.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No, but one win over the White Sox is really quite big for them because of that tiebreaker. 

You get that tiebreaker and then win a couple games against the Twins and you can genuinely start resting people and setting your rotation. They are 4 up in the loss column after today - counting the tiebreaker, had they put their best pitchers out today and really gone for it they could have had effectively a 7 game lead in the loss column.

I guess he didn't want to put the nail in the coffin or just looking ahead and wants to put his best towards the Twins while the Sox face the Tigers.

2 minutes ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Can he outdo what Harrison/Romy/Leury are doing?  Because when he comes back, Andrus is shifting over to 2B, but they can both be in the lineup together.

Why would we move the far superior defender to 2B?  Because Tim's feelings will be hurt?  Tim's offensive profile belongs at 2B, he should move there and stay there. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Because you don't play the short game when your position allows you to do what you perceive is the most important thing and that's keep doing what we would normally do and not change anything. All we have to do is keep playing our game. We're ahead they're behind let them be in the must win situations.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Between Romy actually being good and Andrus never having played 2b, I'd say skepticism is warranted that this will be an upgrade over this ridiculous stretch. 

26 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Maybe they do throw McKenzie if we're just 1 or 2 games back. But they also have 5 against the Twins coming up in 4 days. They only have themselves to blame for postponing this game until now. They've basically created their own pitching conundrum. 

If Twins play good baseball this weekend, Cleveland's pen is going to be extremely worn out for our series next week, while our pen should be quite rested coming off three in Detroit and an off day.