What's so good about Cleveland game thread 9-15 12:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

No, Cleveland ending with 6 against KC is in fact not favorable.  You also conveniently left out the 3 vs. Rays who will be playing for HFA.  

In any event, the Sox are very clearly in an awful situation.  There is no debating that.  They need to be within 1 game a week from Sunday or all hope is lost.  Thankfully we get 4 games against Cleveland and 6 against an awful Tigers team during that span.  we've been saying it for months, but now its really now or never time.   

I remembered that right after I posted an edited to correct...

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Agreed.  Definitely would be using Kelly/Ruiz/Diekman here. 

They can not lose this ballgame. That combo there can let the Guardians score 5 runs in no time. They absolutely have to treat this like a playoff game. I've use Graveman in the 9th.

• TLR 1

11 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Curious about using Lopez

You absolutely cannot under any circumstances allow Cleveland to get back into this game.  This game is worth 2 standings games, versus any non-Cleveland game.  At five runs, I would even consider using Hendriks at the end.

6 minutes ago, bigcat said:

They can not lose this ballgame. That combo there can let the Guardians score 5 runs in no time. They absolutely have to treat this like a playoff game. I've use Graveman in the 9th.

You can’t play 19 straight games that way. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You absolutely cannot under any circumstances allow Cleveland to get back into this game.  This game is worth 2 standings games, versus any non-Cleveland game.  At five runs, I would even consider using Hendriks at the end.

Ok calm down Tony.