What's so good about Cleveland game thread 9-15 12:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

in 99% of games, yeah, there is a reason you have 8 guys out in the pen.  In this situation, with the desperation this team has, you HAVE to put away Cleveland, and not even give them a positive to feel good about as you leave.

This!

These are playoff games now and should be treated as such. Every game is a must win. Simple.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

This!

These are playoff games now and should be treated as such. Every game is a must win. Simple.

I mean we don't have to go into desperation mode where these guys pitch every day, but the Cleveland games need to be played like playoff games.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean we don't have to go into desperation mode where these guys pitch every day, but the Cleveland games need to be played like playoff games.

Elvis said the Guards are gonna crumble. Today they did. 

Was in a meeting all afternoon. greatly productive meeting and just read this thread without knowing anything.

Great win.  

I would have s%*# all over this team in B1but alas the big bastard won the day.

There really had to be a philosophical shift when Tony left...there is now way that happens.

I have no clue what this team is any more but love that the 3 runs or less thing is a day or two and not a week or two.

Andrus for 2B next year. 

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Watch Tony be back for the home stand but let Little Egypt run the show. 

Would prefer sending Tony to Cairo, either Bumfuck Egypt (Illinois) or Egypt in Africa.

1 hour ago, pettie4sox said:

Where is KK and his daily dose of TLR knob slobbin? 😃

I have hurt feelings?

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Just keep Tony away from this team. 

And Front Office beyond 2022.

56 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Would prefer sending Tony to Cairo, either Bumfuck Egypt (Illinois) or Egypt in Africa.

I have hurt feelings?

And Front Office beyond 2022.

Every win since Tony's been gone goes on his record since he's still the official manager.   Hope that satisfies the old coot.

10 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Caught the tail end of Stoney on WSCR just now. Lots of excuses (injuries) and defense of Tony.

This good run under Cairo has confirmed that TLR is indefensible.  If TLR would have been removed earlier, Sox probably walk away with the division.  Unfortunately, it is now probably too late.

3 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Every win since Tony's been gone goes on his record since he's still the official manager.   Hope that satisfies the old coot.

You think Manfred would step in to prevent Jerry from cycling through interim managers for the next 12 + seasons until Tony passes Connie Mack?

They can just wheel in Tony  or his frozen body to the dugout for the 3,731st and 3,732nd win, after which Tony can officially retire.

There are no written rules preventing this scenario, and Tony is the only person who knows whether there are unwritten rules against this scheme.

20 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You think Manfred would step in to prevent Jerry from cycling through interim managers for the next 12 + seasons until Tony passes Connie Mack?

They can just wheel in Tony  or his frozen body to the dugout for the 3,731st and 3,732nd win, after which Tony can officially retire.

There are no written rules preventing this scenario, and Tony is the only person who knows whether there are unwritten rules against this scheme.

If it keeps him out of the dugout...