What's so good about Cleveland game thread 9-15 12:10 first pitch

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

No, Cleveland ending with 6 against KC is in fact not favorable.  You also conveniently left out the 3 vs. Rays who will be playing for HFA.  

In any event, the Sox are very clearly in an awful situation.  There is no debating that.  They need to be within 1 game a week from Sunday or all hope is lost.  Thankfully we get 4 games against Cleveland and 6 against an awful Tigers team during that span.  we've been saying it for months, but now its really now or never time.   

I remembered that right after I posted an edited to correct...

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Agreed.  Definitely would be using Kelly/Ruiz/Diekman here. 

They can not lose this ballgame. That combo there can let the Guardians score 5 runs in no time. They absolutely have to treat this like a playoff game. I've use Graveman in the 9th.

• TLR 1

guardians using this as a getaway day style approach. love it. 3 games mentally gives Cairo and players the motivation to care still (whether or not they actually catch up is moot). At least the season isn't over today. 

Edited by EloyJenkins

11 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Curious about using Lopez

You absolutely cannot under any circumstances allow Cleveland to get back into this game.  This game is worth 2 standings games, versus any non-Cleveland game.  At five runs, I would even consider using Hendriks at the end.

6 minutes ago, bigcat said:

They can not lose this ballgame. That combo there can let the Guardians score 5 runs in no time. They absolutely have to treat this like a playoff game. I've use Graveman in the 9th.

You can’t play 19 straight games that way. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You absolutely cannot under any circumstances allow Cleveland to get back into this game.  This game is worth 2 standings games, versus any non-Cleveland game.  At five runs, I would even consider using Hendriks at the end.

Ok calm down Tony. 

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

You disagree?

If it becomes a save situation you use Hendriks. But they'd need 3 runs in the 9th before that. Just don't throw Tanner Banks again and it'll probably be fine.