Jump to content

That's a White Sox "Keep The Dream Alive" Winner !


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Still alive and kicking, a sweep in Detroit while maybe the Twins winning 1 or 2 in Cleveland would be just what the doctor ordered.

We need to sweep Detroit and have the Twins win at least 3. That'll put us at exactly 1 game back going into the series in Chicago. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lynn stepped up clutch once again. That was his 5th straight start with one ER or less and second straight start with zero ER's. 

Amazing when you hit 5 home runs how much fun the game is and how much easier it is to win.

Good job boys, you decided to stop letting a horrible pitcher look like a CY Young candidate and pounded him hard! 

Don't Stop Now Boys! No matter how bleak it looks, you still have a chance and it's for your taking if you are hungry enough!

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even if the rally falls short - if they keep this alive the final month it at least gives me much more hope and optimism heading into next season (because it really does mean TLR played a pretty huge role in this fiasco).  It doesn't mean that there aren't other bigger issues to fix though, cause there are.  

  • Like 7
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

We need to sweep Detroit and have the Twins win at least 3. That'll put us at exactly 1 game back going into the series in Chicago. 

Don't hold your breath on the Twins sweeping in Cleveland, they couldn't win a game at home last week against the Guards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

It's a 5 game series for MIN v CLE

The Guardians are gonna be throwing Morris, a guy with a FIP near 8, and Pilkington this series. There's a double header in there too that they'll probably split unless they really f*** it up. The Twins may have gotten swept in Minnesota, but all those games were pretty close and could have gone either way. You never know what might happen in a 5 game series. I think they take at least 2 of 5. Hopefully they can take 3 or 4. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Guardians are gonna be throwing Morris, a guy with a FIP near 8, and Pilkington this series. There's a double header in there too that they'll probably split unless they really f*** it up. The Twins may have gotten swept in Minnesota, but all those games were pretty close and could have gone either way. You never know what might happen in a 5 game series. I think they take at least 2 of 5. Hopefully they can take 3 or 4. 

I think going into today, Cleveland would have taken 5-4 with at least one win against both the Twins and Sox to clinch tiebreakers against each. And chances are they’ll get there. Sad, but true. But we’ll see how the next week goes. 

Edited by flavum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Don't hold your breath on the Twins sweeping in Cleveland, they couldn't win a game at home last week against the Guards.

If I know anything about baseball, it's that now the Twins will win 2 of 3 or sweep in their barn because of the data you provided.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...