De-troit sucks! 9-16 game thread 6:10

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

This team blowing it like they are this season is the biggest fall from grace I've ever seen. This team deserves all the criticism it gets and probably more. The fact they didn't make the postseason in 2022 is ridiculous.

JR is going to slash payroll…and I don’t really blame him

1 minute ago, fathom said:

JR is going to slash payroll…and I don’t really blame him

Better hope Oscar Colas is the s%*#, Yoan regains his talent again, Giolito gets his velocity back, and Eloy stays healthy. Cause next year is probably gonna suck if those guys don't get right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Better hope Oscar Colas is the s%*#, Yoan regains his talent again, Giolito gets his velocity back, and Eloy stays healthy. Cause next year is probably gonna suck if those guys don't get right. 

They are slow rolling Colas, so he isn't starting here next season. Jerry more concerned with 2029 payroll than winning ballgames.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I just have a feeling Giolito gets traded.  Same with Vaughn.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s gonna be a Carlos Lee type situation where they trade a superior slugger in order to get more athletic and lefty.

Let's hope it's not quite like it, because the return for Carlos Lee was a joke.
The value was that it created payroll space to sign players they needed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

Vaughn has value.....does Giolito?

Vaughn is going to bring back something valuable. Giolito not so much but may be worth the risk dangling him to a team that is willing to give him a shot to see if he has a turnaround season…Maybe that team does something crazy and overpays for him.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

Trade them all, who gives a f*** about them if they can’t win

I’m not going to deny that the roster construction of this team is awful. But if they re-sign 36 yr old Jose Abreu over trading 25 yr old Andrew Vaughn, they are the dumbest fucking team in baseball. Eloy needs to DH. Vaughn needs to play first base. That part isn’t difficult to figure out. The rest, I’ll leave it up to the “experts”.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No. Someone will take him on and give you a pittance. His money is movable. Congrats on having Davis Martin as your 4th starter. No problems there.

Ugghh then who's 5....a veteran reclamation project?

Crochet won't be ready.