9/18 Sox at Det G3

BamaDoc

Just now, White Sox Park said:

Outstanding catch by Celestino in center, with a guy on 3rd, to keep the game at 1-0 Twins.

Cody Morris has a 2.3 ERA, but a FIP near 5.5 and a strand rate of 96%. He can't keep this up, but the Guardians have gotten what they needed out of him. 

1 minute ago, FrontierDayz said:

Good win Boyz… now rest up with day off and load up with Red Bull for Guards at home…

There's a chance the Sox are gonna be 5 games out by Tuesday without even playing another game. Minnesota losing 6 straight to Cleveland really fucked up our chances. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Healthy Eloy is a guarantee for 40 bombs. He's got 14 in 72 games this year and a good portion of that was him not hitting homers. His 2nd half has been amazing. 

And it isn't any coincidence that his longest stretch of the year healty has been with him playing DH so he can't hurt himself in LF.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

And it isn't any coincidence that his longest stretch of the year healty has been with him playing DH so he can't hurt himself in LF.

Yep, him at full time DH, Vaughn as full time 1B and Colas as full time RF has to be the near term future. They really should think about picking up a LF FA next year to compliment the Cuban outfield. And i really dont see Pito having a place unless he wants like 8 mil a season.

• Like 1

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

With one of the wins being against Cleveland! 

Nobody is giving us any help at this point

We've played the kind of baseball everyone on this board thought we could for the past 3 weeks. It's hard to win every game in baseball no matter who you play.  There's been some bad games mixed in there, but the overwhelming majority of it has been pretty good. This team waited too long to make a change at manager. Had they been playing this way for the past 2 months, we'd probably be where the Guardians are right now. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Yep, him at full time DH, Vaughn as full time 1B and Colas as full time RF has to be the near term future. They really should think about picking up a LF FA next year to compliment the Cuban outfield. And i really dont see Pito having a place unless he wants like 8 mil a season.

I fear DHing is only a temporary arrangement due to his leg issues, and that he’ll be back in LF until he is injured next season. 

Wish he could play 1B, but he’s too clumsy, not sure if Vaughn will be able to handle 1B well on a regular basis

5 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

Wow, how about this stat!!! White Sox are 27-5 when hitting two homers in a game. Yes, you are reading that right, when they hit at least 2 home runs they are 27-5. 

That's incredible stat. But a lot of us here have expressed the Sox didn't lift and pull over the fence successfully at all this year and that's why the team stunk. ... Regarding the team. Has there ever been a Sox team with this good a record that has had such a "bad team?" When I think of the 2022 Sox I think of a horrific baseball team. Nothing positive really comes to mind at all. I'd say Jose but even his RBIs are way down. I guess Liam and Cease but even Cease except for the near no hitter usually gets pulled in the sixth or seventh, modern day baseball b.s. So I ask: Has there ever been a Sox team this rotten with such a good record? Weird to me.

Edited by greg775

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

They really need to just let Abreu go and give Vaughn 1B and Eloy DH. We're stuck with Pollock in LF. 

They need to get more left handed but idk how they do it. 

Totally agree on Abreu  but that isn't going to be until the off-season. Absolutely Vaughn at first and Eloy DH in 2023.

As far as left handed power, I guess for next year bring up Colas, although I wish they would bring him up now. 

I realize we have another year tied into Pollack, but maybe we can trade him in some package in the off-season. I really don't want to see him in 2023 on this roster.

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Totally agree on Abreu  but that isn't going to be until the off-season. Absolutely Vaughn at first and Eloy DH in 2023.

As far as left handed power, I guess for next year bring up Colas, although I wish they would bring him up now. 

I realize we have another year tied into Pollack, but maybe we can trade him in some package in the off-season. I really don't want to see him in 2023 on this roster.

I wonder if they can salary dump Pollock for a 5th starter. 

I really want Nimmo and Colas as corner OF next year. Would also give the Sox 3 OF capable of playing CF. 

I think that Nimmo is a pipedream though unless Jerry allows a similar budget for next season as this one. 

Edited by Jack Parkman