2022 Cleveland vs. White Sox - The Defense Rests

South Side Hit Men

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Somebody needs to discuss why the Sox are so lame against the Central Division. Even when healthy the Sox lose so many to pathetic teams.

The good news is the Sox will play 24 less games next season against the AL Central.

The bad news is the opponents will mostly consist of mostly better teams from the other five divisions.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am so old, I remember when our HOF guy manager was going to make sure we didn't make stupid mistakes and fix our team's baseball IQ.

Not defending TLR in any way here, but if the players can’t catch a ball that hits their glove, I don’t know what anyone can do to fix that.  Have them line up and just play catch like your first day of little league?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Not defending TLR in any way here, but if the players can’t catch a ball that hits their glove, I don’t know what anyone can do to fix that.  Have them line up and just play catch like your first day of little league?

One solution, also from "back in the day". Mandatory infield/outfield practice every day before a game. Situational drills etc. not just in spring training. 

13 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I really do believe that there was some level of work that was missed over the last few years with COVID/lockout.  Spring trainings, winter workouts, etc.  I don't know how much of this teams play could be fixed, but one of the biggest reasons they showed Ricky the door was because of health and poor fundamentals.  It was supposed to be Tony's saving grace despite all of his other red flags.  But we didn't even get the good parts.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:17 PM, Leonard Zelig said:

See Gordon, Alex and Kuntz/Rusty.

See Royals' outfield defense from 2013-2016/17.