9/20 Sox vs Cleveland

BamaDoc

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The biggest regular season game I've been to, possibly the biggest regular season game in White Sox history. Cleveland won the Monday opener, and the Sox lead was down to 2 1/2 games after holding a large division lead all season. The Dark Clouds were circling on WSI, but the team and specifically Joe Crede came to play and win. There was no looking back after this game, the Sox were going hard for the World Series crown.

"JOOOOOOOOOEEEE CREEEEDDDDDEEEE" (7:30 mark)

Joe Crede was the man, favorite player on the '05 team hands down.  It still bums me out what happened with his back.  If only we had someone like him on this team now, Cleveland wouldn't stand a chance.  Moncada couldn't carry his jock strap. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Joe Crede was the man, favorite player on the '05 team hands down.  It still bums me out what happened with his back.  If only we had someone like him on this team now, Cleveland wouldn't stand a chance.  Moncada couldn't carry his jock strap. 

3B and chronic back injury, like peanut butter and jelly. remember Eric Chavez? 

7 hours ago, flavum said:

This series rides on the starting pitching. 7 innings, 2 or fewer runs from all three. 

Very tall order . Doubt many staffs have had 3 consecutive games like that all year.

My advice? Get an early lead and hit HR's.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Fire 2

5 hours ago, Quin said:

If Yaz gives us one legitimate bat drop this series, Sox go to the playoffs.

It was always predetermined when Sheets hit a road HR followed by  LH Grandal and Moncada HR's . In before you ;) last week. Put money on the Sox taking the division !

Disclosure: No way in hell I'd do that but should get good odds .

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Well as Elvis sang, "It's now or never..."

Thank you, thank you very much...

You probably know this Lip Man, but it's an English adaptation of the 1898 Neapolitan song "O Sole Mio" and it pains me to say it but another English adaptation of it was a big hit in the 1950's for Tony Martin under the title "There's No Tomorrow."   Now I've scared myself.

Here's hoping there is a tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Well I hope the storm that just blew threw my area doesn’t delay the game

It’s been dark & gloomy the past hour near the park, but only now just started raining.  The radar makes me think the worst of it stays north but who knows. 

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

It’s been dark & gloomy the past hour near the park, but only now just started raining.  The radar makes me think the worst of it stays north but who knows. 

It wasn’t a long storm but it dropped a lot of rain in a short period of time