9/20 Sox vs Cleveland

BamaDoc

I think I want to ignore everything Sox until Saturday morning. Sleep late. Enjoy a nice cup of coffee. Maybe check on my landscaping. Detail my truck. Plan a couple woodworking projects. Then pull up the MLB app to learn if the season is over. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I think I want to ignore everything Sox until Saturday morning. Sleep late. Enjoy a nice cup of coffee. Maybe check on my landscaping. Detail my truck. Plan a couple woodworking projects. Then pull up the MLB app to learn if the season is over. 

You’re a smarter man than I am.

• Thanks 1

MERKIN'S MUSINGS

The White Sox won’t say it, sticking to a day-by-day philosophy, but they need a three-game sweep of the Guardians (Tuesday-Thursday).

Although with the way the AL Central has played out this season, it would be more plausible for Chicago to lose the series and still somehow be in contention during the final weekend of the regular season.

I might have asked this before in the newsletter, but where do you make changes next year with the White Sox?

They need to be better defensively and more balanced from the left-handed-hitting side. I’ve talked about finding different ways to score beyond the home run, but as was pointed out to me recently, they have potential speed if everyone is healthy

Merkin's Musings, mlb.com

17 minutes ago, Texsox said:

That is a great plan. Not sure I could do it, but it sure would remove an unnecessary stress from my life.

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

Before we start, I'd like to remind everyone that the Twins can f*** all the way off.

Minnesota has always been my most hated Sox rival since the shift to three divisions in 1995. Hated the North Stars even worse.

I respect Cleveland’s FO and Manager, and players like Ramirez and Bieber. Minnesota is nothing but punk ass bitches from top to bottom. Especially  Jake Cave.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Minnesota has always been my most hated Sox rival since the shift to three divisions in 1995. Hated the North Stars even worse.

I respect Cleveland’s FO and Manager, and players like Ramirez and Bieber. Minnesota is nothing but punk ass bitches from top to bottom. Especially  Jake Cave.

Yep I don't really know why I can't stand Cave, but I really dislike that guy.  It also doesn't help that they just lost 7 of 8 to Cleveland.

28 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

That is a great plan. Not sure I could do it, but it sure would remove an unnecessary stress from my life.

These types of games are what fandom is all about. Sure, this season sucked and was a massive failure, but here we are, playing a very meaningful game on September 20th. There is very little that would stop me from watching this game. Let’s get a W 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Rays losing to Astros again.  We'll be 5 back, with tiebreaker, if Astros win.
After this series, they play 4 against Jays.....

And we'll be as close to the Rays as we are to the Guardians, due to the tiebreakers.  

So this information is really for Cleveland, since they will be interested in the wild card after they get swept this series.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

26 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Rays losing to Astros again.  We'll be 5 back, with tiebreaker, if Astros win.
After this series, they play 4 against Jays.....

And we'll be as close to the Rays as we are to the Guardians, due to the tiebreakers.  

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

These types of games are what fandom is all about. Sure, this season sucked and was a massive failure, but here we are, playing a very meaningful game on September 20th. There is very little that would stop me from watching this game. Let’s get a W 

Heard on the radio aif they win the division it is some miracle finish. I'd see it as a fat lazy person with poor diet suffers a stroke now decides to work on his health.

• Like 1