9/20 Sox vs Cleveland

BamaDoc

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Uh...why? Are you afraid his arm is gonna is gonna get destroyed with how many sliders he's throwing?

Because they need to rip the bandaid off and rebuild again. They can't compete with the fucking Guardians, who traded all of their good players other than Ramirez and still are better than the Sox. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Because they need to rip the bandaid off and rebuild again. 

Id rather watch another decade of mediocre wild card contention than another rebuild, but thanks anyway.  We just tried to rebuild for a decade.  This organization is incapable of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Would be so fitting for Leury to end this game 

It's poetic.

• Abreu gives us hope.
  • Hahn's sole trade deadline acquisition destroys the hope.
  • La Russa's favorite player ends the game on the weakest fly ball imaginable.
  • Like 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Shakes head - not at Hendricks and I still say with a better manager we will see a better Moncada. More like a 4 WAR guy. But they need someone creative for a lot of this. 

Yes, Moncada has to return to 2021 or even better 2019 Moncada for the Sox to have any chance to succeed in future Octobers.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I know these jobs are in VERY high demand...but who worth a damn wants to inherit this mess? Sorry, this isn't just an overreaction to tonight, as listed above, the Sox have an insane amount of money tied into a collection of talent that simply can't compete in the worst division in baseball. The system is still in the bottom third of the league and the entire organization needs to be re-started, for an owner who likes to do things "his own way" 

Qualified solid people would be OK coming here with the current roster.

Qualified solid people are not OK coming here with the current owner. 

Most external people won't want to work under Jerry unless they can't get a job elsewhere, Jerry isn't going to live forever, so a new owner will likely want a new FO.

Jerry could be around for another month or decade, or any length in between. It's just not a stable position to walk into, assuming Jerry even wants to go beyond his personal clique. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

So how many guys did Cairo let Diekman face?

When five guys have already pitched one inning or fewer out of the pen, the remaining guys are forced to stay in no matter how bad they look. This is one of the problems with limiting all the relievers to one inning every game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Id rather watch another decade of mediocre wild card contention than another rebuild, but thanks anyway.  We just tried to rebuild for a decade.  This organization is incapable of it.

I believe it is the only way to a world series. They have to at least try again. 

Even the Yankees and Dodgers have good farm systems to trade for other teams stars. There are two ways to a WS. Either you buy one and spend like the Mets, or you rebuild. There is no other way. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I was so against it from the start. Terrible way to build a winner. In my world we kept Sale forever (even tho he has gotten hurt as people thought he would). I need to watch some 2005 Sox baseball to get in a better mood. ... as I pointed out then, draft picks are a crapshoot and yes the Sox whiffed on many during the tank job years. And  baseball completely changed and as I've said a lot the team is in no way built for modern baseball. Peace out.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I believe it is the only way to a world series. They have to at least try again. 

Even the Yankees and Dodgers have good farm systems to trade for other teams stars. 

They have a higher chance of lucking into a World Series like in 2005 than they do purposefully rebuilding under this organization’s leadership.  Its not happening.  How in the world could you ever trust Reinsdorf to lead another rebuild.  The definition of insanity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1