9/20 Sox vs Cleveland

BamaDoc

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I believe it is the only way to a world series. They have to at least try again. 

Even the Yankees and Dodgers have good farm systems to trade for other teams stars. 

This isn't going to get fixed until Jerry sells or is in heaven.   His cronies and the permanent employees who work here are never getting fired.  They get promoted when they fail.  I am not entrusting Hahn with another rebuild.  I am waiting for all of these guys to be unemployed.  And a new owner or someone else besides Jerry running this.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I still predict we see Tony back next year and Jerry sells the team after 2023.  Hahn and Menechino will be the scape goats off the field and Giolito and Vaughn dealt away.

I probably wont be back.  Jerry kinda hijacked this season when most teams would've replaced their manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's the worst part of this loss tonight. The team actually played well enough to win. They were once again sabotaged by absolute fucking head scratchers, decision wise. It made absolutely no sense for Lambert to pitch the 7th. It made no sense for Lopez to only throw 11 pitches. Bullpen decisions likely lost this game....

So, even with how flawed this team is, they STILL should have probably won this game. With a 3-1 lead, the path was pretty fucking clear, bullpen wise. 90% of the posters here could have made the bullpen calls for the rest of this game. Lopez, Graveman, Hendriks. YOUR BEST THREE RELIEVERS.  What did we get? Lambert and Bummer... lmao.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Because they need to rip the bandaid off and rebuild again. They can't compete with the fucking Guardians, who traded all of their good players other than Ramirez and still are better than the Sox. 

You trust this org to try another rebuild? Tony isn’t coming back. God forbid let’s pull in someone with a functioning brain and take the few valuable players we have and take a shot. Without TLR this year and his stupid fucking punted games we’d have been in a much better chance of winning this s%*# division, even with all the underachievers on this roster. 

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

Here's the worst part of this loss tonight. The team actually played well enough to win. They were once again sabotaged by absolute fucking head scratchers, decision wise. It made absolutely no sense for Lambert to pitch the 7th. It made no sense for Lopez to only throw 11 pitches. Bullpen decisions likely lost this game....

So, even with how flawed this team is, they STILL should have probably won this game. With a 3-1 lead, the path was pretty fucking clear, bullpen wise. 90% of the posters here could have made the bullpen calls for the rest of this game. Lopez, Graveman, Hendriks. YOUR BEST THREE RELIEVERS.  What did we get? Lambert and Bummer... lmao.

No this is bullshit. Contending teams do not have innings like that last one in September.  That was horrific baseball.  

1 minute ago, Spumoni said:

You trust this org to try another rebuild? Tony isn’t coming back. God forbid let’s pull in someone with a functioning brain and take the few valuable players we have and take a shot. Without TLR this year and his stupid fucking punted games we’d have been in a much better chance of winning this s%*# division, even with all the underachievers on this roster. 

Believe me, I hate Tony as much as anyone but the problems are so much greater than him.  It’s the dumbest roster construction possibly in the history of baseball.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

There really isn't another choice. 

I hate mediocrity more than plain sucking. 

I'd sit through a rebuild 10/10 times over this year. 

2017 was infinitely more enjoyable than 2016 or 2022. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

No this is bullshit. Contending teams do not have innings like that last one in September.  That was horrific baseball.  

It never should have gotten to that point... There's a reason he was one of the last guys out of the pen. The team was fucking cooked. They lost this game in the 7th, when they gave up the lead. Because after that point, the advantage was all Cleveland.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

That was Jake diekman. Who on earth would have pitched him that inning? Like he said, competent bullpen management would have made the top of the 11th not a thing

• Thanks 1

Just now, harkness99 said:

sox suck... but no one expected the guardians to be 14 games over .500

Cairo totally fucked up the bullpen tonight... but its not like we dont know he isnt the brightest.

They would have won the division last year if they were healthy. I'm convinced.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Believe me, I hate Tony as much as anyone but the problems are so much greater than him.  It’s the dumbest roster construction possibly in the history of baseball.

Oh trust me I know. Hahn needs to be fired into the sun as well, and you need to fix the first base/OF situation. Easiest way to do it is to trade vaughn as hard as that is. Get what proper value you can and run Abreu back another two years 

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

No, they really didn't.  They got 2 gift runs on an error and 1 run was taken away from Cleveland via a bad call at the plate.  They should have lost 4-1.  Everything else was dragging out the slow death.  The team just isn't that good. 

• Like 1

Just now, harkness99 said:

dear luis robert....

quit swinging at the first pitch every fucking time.

is there any common sense coaching going on? how do they keep letting him do that.

Ever since he got injured he started swinging wildly away at everything.  I think he took maybe 2-3 pitches the entire night.  Obviously the injury is affecting his eyes too, or he just wants to sit down as soon as possible.  I lean toward the latter.

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It never should have gotten to that point... There's a reason he was one of the last guys out of the pen. The team was fucking cooked. They lost this game in the 7th, when they gave up the lead. Because after that point, the advantage was all Cleveland.

The Sox bullpen looked like the team that just came off a 5 game series in 4 days, not the team that just had an off day.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, soulfly said:

No, they really didn't.  They got 2 gift runs on an error and 1 run was taken away from Cleveland via a bad call at the plate.  They should have lost 4-1.  Everything else was dragging out the slow death.  The team just isn't that good. 

This part is true. Shouldn’t have even gone to extras, we were gifted multiple chances and pissed them away

1 minute ago, soulfly said:

They do everything wrong. The only player with any game IQ is Andrus.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

This isn't going to get fixed until Jerry sells or is in heaven.   His cronies and the permanent employees who work here are never getting fired.  They get promoted when they fail.  I am not entrusting Hahn with another rebuild.  I am waiting for all of these guys to be unemployed.  And a new owner or someone else besides Jerry running this.  

Jerry in heaven? Yikes have God's standards for entry really taken a hit recently.