9/20 Sox vs Cleveland

BamaDoc

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

While I wish JR would sell and go away, truthfully, he isn't even close to being the worst owner from all 4 of the major sports. 

But he is the most stubborn hands down, and he has and will continue to sabotage multiple potential Sox World Series teams, be it the 1994 cancelation to punish the union, or the Tony La Russa era this decade after finally having a solid core, just to prove a point, support his cronies or spite his enemies.

McCaskey family is simply incompetent, Rickets let's his baseball people make baseball decisions, Michael Reinsdorf is far better than his father with the Bulls.

Rocky Wirtz and his organization allegedly aided and abetted at least one known serial child rapist for years. So yes, Jerry is better than this owner. Also better than Dan Snyder and the racist Charlotte NFL and two NBA owners (Clippers guy gone, Phoenix guy only got a wrist slap like Snyder).

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

On the bright side, even if they somehow won tonight there is no chance in hell this team was sweeping Cleveland after seeing the effort they gave today.  Especially with Beiber on Thursday.  

Gotta win the next 2 games to help in the pursuit of Tampa 😁

11th game this year the Sox led in the 7th inning or later...and lost.

Bummer, who has hardly played at all this year, has been directly responsible for blowing three of those games.

This season is over...all that remains is to try and have a winning season.

That's some small consolation from a "World Series contender" isn't it?

🤡

The good news? No more "ghost runner" extra inning games next season.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Given the Guardians young players, farm system and superstars locked up, there’s no reason they won’t dominate the AL Central the next few years. I can’t believe how awesome they are at developing players.

They have a manager that gets the most out of them as well.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Bummer, who has hardly played at all this year, has been directly responsible for blowing three of those games.

🤡

If they aren't making the playoffs, I honestly hope they lose every game from here on out. It needs to get as bad as possible to hope that some type of change happens. Hahn has to be fired. Menechino has to be fired. Tony needs to be cremate....er fired.

• Like 3
  • TLR 1

Nothing about the Sox performance tonight was a surprise to me. They’re just not a good team.

My main takeaway is that Cleveland is pretty damn impressive. Maybe they’re just on a little hot streak, or maybe it’s actually sustainable. Who knows? But they’re doing almost everything right.

Watching them is basically the complete opposite of watching the Sox. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

🤡

Wasn't it Bummer who said something about them probably not  blowing any leads late at the beginning of last season?

He has a great knack for giving up seeing eye singles.

19 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

You still have Robert, Anderson, Moncada, Vaughn, Eloy. Maybe some don’t belong on that list plus Aubreu. 

Rotation still has guys like Cease, Kopech, Gio (one bad year after a few real good ones). 

And yes some of those contracts suck but every team has some bad. Grandal is probably worse - pollock not great but he is producing since Lasucka left and does have a good track record. 

So there is plenty there - get creative and make something happen. 

There is a lot of "sizzle" in the names you listed off, but really not sure how much "steak" there really is...

Not sure Robert will ever see 500 PA's in a season. I don't know what the hell Moncada is, but 2019 Moncada hasn't been seen in quite some time. Eloy is a DH and is paid market value, not a lot of surplus there. You have a core in Cease-Anderson-Kopech-Vaughn, and then a bunch of question marks. The problem is a lot of the question marks are paid a lot of money, along with a collection of talent that are no longer question marks, they are just bad. And they're being paid a lot of money to be bad. 

This season was an absolute DISASTER for the franchise. Not sure how it could have gone worse, honestly. I really don't know where they go from here. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

There is a lot of "sizzle" in the names you listed off, but really not sure how much "steak" there really is...

Not sure Robert will ever see 500 PA's in a season. I don't know what the hell Moncada is, but 2019 Moncada hasn't been seen in quite some time. Eloy is a DH and is paid market value, not a lot of surplus there. You have a core in Cease-Anderson-Kopech-Vaughn, and then a bunch of question marks. The problem is a lot of the question marks are paid a lot of money, along with a collection of talent that are no longer question marks, they are just bad. And they're being paid a lot of money to be bad. 

This season was an absolute DISASTER for the franchise. Not sure how it could have gone worse, honestly. I really don't know where they go from here. 

The only thing that could make it go worse is if Cease or Robert/Eloy/Vaughn suffer an injury that keeps them out for 2023.  I agree with you though about more sizzle than steak. 

Honestly I was not that excited by Abreu's game tying hit....I just figured it wasn't going to be enough.  But damn that 11th, especially the last 2 runs scored was embarrassing.  Is this team ever embarrassed by how they play because they should be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

If Cease got injured too after breaking out that would have been worse. Also Lynn continuing to suck vs getting his stuff back toward the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Start by firing one of the worst GMs in all of sports.  Then the new guy blows up the locker room and gets fundamentally smart baseball players.  That's a pretty good start.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

The only thing that could make it go worse is if Cease or Robert/Eloy/Vaughn suffer an injury that keeps them out for 2023.  I agree with you though about more sizzle than steak. 

Robert and Eloy suffering injuries that keep them out for a huge chunk of the season is already a given at this point.  Season ending wouldnt be surprising at all.

Just now, South Sider said:

He took all of the blame for the game and wouldn't point to anything specific when asked. He basically said he sucked and needs to be better and he let his team down.

So many of them seemed nervous tonight. Lambert, in particular, seemed like the moment was too big for him.  The relief effort tonight reminded me of the 2020 game 3 debacle 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

He took all of the blame for the game and wouldn't point to anything specific when asked. He basically said he sucked and needs to be better and he let his team down.

I think it would've been totally fine to call out Diekman for handing them those last 2 runs, but thats just me.