9/20 Sox vs Cleveland

BamaDoc

6 hours ago, chw42 said:

I know some on this board think that we can fill 2B with a combo of Romy/Yolbert/Sosa next year but if this team is serious about competing in 2023 they need to think about bringing Andrus back to play 2B. He's a breath of fresh air compared to other the brain dead players we have on this team. He probably won't hit this well next year, but if you can get him on a short term Harrison-esque deal next year you do it. 

Over 2020-2021 he was about a 0 WAR player with an OPS of .600. The last time he put up anything higher than a .707 was 2017, and his OPS with Oakland was .673 before he was DFA’d by one of the worst teams in the sport who couldn’t even get salary relief for him. Then somehow with the white Sox he has a .879 OPS.

You know exactly how it will go. Because of his veteran background he will be the day 1 starter. He will put up a .600 OPS and -0.3 WAR. He will play 2b everyday for 140 games because of that important veteran grindyness. 2b will be an offensive black hole. Again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, Green Line said:

f*** maybe they should bring Ozzie back at this point.  He at least demanded accountability I think?  His teams were never so poor at the fundamentals.

Ozzie’s last several teams were renowned for their lack of accountability and terrible fundamentals. Peak of this was probably 2011, but you could take it back years. The biggest change in 2012 was that the team looked like it had been coached for the first time in years. Ozzie was too busy playing favorites with his guys and demanding respect from the organization to be bothered with dumb things like coaching. People are just forgetting how sloppy those teams were because time has passed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, chw42 said:

You just have to hope he bounces back and maybe starts taking his career trajectory a bit more seriously. Cause at this rate he's gonna be out of the league in 2 years. He's also gonna cost himself at least $25 million. 

Yoan doesn't care about a measly 25 million when Yoan Moncada's net worth is $102,615,787.

Which is precisely why we see him play with that "I don't really care" attitude.  He's no baseball player, he wants to be a singer.

6 hours ago, chw42 said:

I know some on this board think that we can fill 2B with a combo of Romy/Yolbert/Sosa next year but if this team is serious about competing in 2023 they need to think about bringing Andrus back to play 2B. He's a breath of fresh air compared to other the brain dead players we have on this team. He probably won't hit this well next year, but if you can get him on a short term Harrison-esque deal next year you do it. 

No you don't.  His last good full-season was 2017.   The last thing this org needs is more aging players, especially infielders.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If we are being honest, that moment was too big for Lambert. He has been competent in the pen this second half but he hasn’t been in a situation like that - handed a lead in a must win game - heck I doubt he’s been on the bench for that. That’s why he shouldn’t have been in.

Yep. It was an awful call the moment it was made. No hindsight needed.

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

If we had access to Preller's cocaine stash, I'd say trade an Eloy-based package for Jazz (do a 3-way if needed) and back up a truck for Judge.

However, we only have access to beer from Binny's. We'll get another reliever and like it.

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

He deserves to come back and his Sox performance prevails over his stat history. We don't have guys that play like him and know smart baseball. Instead we lock up Leury.

8 hours ago, wegner said:

I can't believe how much I was looking forward to this season.

They really are just awful in extra innings but that Diekman inning was particularly horrendous.

The Diekmann inning just moved too fast.  Had to call a time out with visit to the mound.  I would have preferred Ruiz pitch to the righties to begin the inning. Game was lost giving up the 3-1 lead with Lambert a rookie pitching in the 7 th instead of ReyLo.

42 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Yoan doesn't care about a measly 25 million when Yoan Moncada's net worth is $102,615,787.

Which is precisely why we see him play with that "I don't really care" attitude.  He's no baseball player, he wants to be a singer.

This is absurd. Yoan could be looking at hundreds of millions of dollars if he played like he is capable of.  I won't even touch you pretending to know the guys thoughts and back accounts in the same post.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Ozzie’s last several teams were renowned for their lack of accountability and terrible fundamentals. Peak of this was probably 2011, but you could take it back years. The biggest change in 2012 was that the team looked like it had been coached for the first time in years. Ozzie was too busy playing favorites with his guys and demanding respect from the organization to be bothered with dumb things like coaching. People are just forgetting how sloppy those teams were because time has passed.

Ozzie was downright awful his final season here.  And nuked the bridge on the way out of town.  The selective memory of those that still pine for him is maddening.  Ozzie is NOT  the answer. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I plant on retiring in another year, and I'm far from broke.  MR. NO IT ALL.  FU.

Aw, for someone who likes to talk about others making stupid mistakes, that is a pretty obvious one.  But sure, let me hear you pontificate on how much you know about what Yoan Moncada is thinking and how his net worth is going, while calling someone else a know it all.  But I am sure you don't see it, right?

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This kind of financial knowledge is why Americans retire broke. Adding up someone's salaries isn't their net worth.  That's awful. 

Yoan paid a lot of money to get out of Cuba. The entire thing was super shady and he had to get married to a sports agent too. It's all super weird and who knows how much money he really got from his initial signing with Boston. The extension he got with the Sox was probably his only big payday so far and even then you wonder how much of that money he's actually seeing. 

8 hours ago, fathom said:

The only thing that could make it go worse is if Cease or Robert/Eloy/Vaughn suffer an injury that keeps them out for 2023.  I agree with you though about more sizzle than steak. 

That should be a poster with Anderson on it.   He is the epitome of that term to me.   I probably unnecessarily have made him the poster child of failure for this team as I really thought he could be a star in this town and have an impact like Bryant/Rizzo/Sosa/Thomas/etc. had in their time.

I reiterated with my ticket agent this morning that I will not be renewing if the same failing manager and GM are in place. 

The late game breakdowns v the Indians and Yankees ended my joy for this season.  Tonight will be the 9th game where my tickets go unused with my final unused game the make up for opening day. I attended 50% of my 20 game plan and the team went 1-9 in those games.  With two of them being those I mentioned as well as Dylan Cease giving up like 10 runs in the first v Boston.

Oh what a season. 

7 hours ago, soxfaninfl said:

Tough loss. A really well played game until the Diekman/Zavala implosion in the 11th. Cleveland just out-hustled, out worked, and out-managed the Sox. 

Myles Straw… Myles fricking Straw. If it wasn’t for Elvis, Jose, and Eloy the Sox would have had zero offense. Gamers. The Guardians just have more than we do.

I hope this loss hurts every member of this team. Maybe it will be a good thing if we miss the playoffs. Something needs to motivate this team.

Lastly, I hope Lambert recovers from this okay. He’s been decent this year but he should not have been out there tonight. It’s why you don’t rely on rookies in a pennant chase.

Kwan's a rookie.