9/21 Sox vs Cleveland

Bob Sacamano

It's been a few years since I had no interest in watching a Sox game.  Last night pushed me a lot closer to not wanting to watch tonight's game.  What's sad is that it's not last night's game that makes this so bad.  It has been the entire season

Players made of glass constantly on the IL or "unavailable"
Young, in their prime players being told to take it easy and not run hard
Horrendous in-game managing
Leury Garcia...well, being on the team and playing as much as he did
Just about every player we needed to be good (not great, just good) underperforming
Lackluster effort

I'm tired and pissed off.  What a disappointing season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Could you image going to this one? It would be like paying to attend a funeral 

I'm having trouble imagining, so unfortunately I have to attend. Do you think they'd prefer flowers or a donation to White Sox charities?

Luckily not on my own dime.

Edited by Marqhead

After months of lackluster and pitiful Chicago baseball, the curtain has now closed 99% of the way on this White Sox season. One more loss and even I will throw in the towel on any chance of the team making the playoffs. Hopefully major changes are forthcoming for next season but I'm not too confident of that happening either. GO BEARS!!!!

10 minutes ago, Highland said:

The very least the Sox can do is show their fans they are not giving up and win the next two. Yes, I know how unlikely the division title is, but they are not eliminated yet. Other than that, I don't have high expectations and haven't for a long time.

Feels like Sox poured their heart into that game last night.  I think we'll have a major wind out sails situation tonight, and I'd be surprised if Sox played .500 baseball over the last 14 games.  

I too would love to see them rattle off 7-8 in a row and see where that takes us going into the last week, but I just don't see it.  Team has to be dejected.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marqhead said:

I'm having trouble imagining, so unfortunately I have to attend. Do you think they'd prefer flowers or a donation to White Sox charities?

Luckily not on my own dime.

Donation Envelopes                                                                                   I Believe these will be handed out at Gate 5 tonight.  Rick Hahn would appreciate if you could check the bottom box and indicate that your donation go to further bullpen additions he deems necessary.  A moment of silence will also be observed immediately following "YMCA"

• Haha 3

I feel like the Chicago White Sox are the Titanic. We were promised something emaculate. Ended up with a sinking ship. Right now I feel like we are at that phase where the nose of the ship is pointing straight up, and the impending loss tonight will be what breaks the ship in half.

We hit the iceberg when they signed Larussa...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I feel like the Chicago White Sox are the Titanic. We were promised something emaculate. Ended up with a sinking ship. Right now I feel like we are at that phase where the nose of the ship is pointing straight up, and the impending loss tonight will be what breaks the ship in half.

We hit the iceberg when they signed Larussa...

I can use this as an example of metaphor in my English class!

• Fire 1