9/21 Sox vs Cleveland

Bob Sacamano

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Also, for the love god, just IL Robert and give Payton a couple weeks of everyday run in CF.  He's earned it.  

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This should have happened weeks ago.

Coming back to this, also figure out if he needs surgery or something and get that done and let him heal. Waiting weeks and weeks and weeks has clearly not been helping.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Coming back to this, also figure out if he needs surgery or something and get that done and let him heal. Waiting weeks and weeks and weeks has clearly not been helping.

I have no idea who thinks that the current state is acceptable. Even if he hits a ball hard at some point, he's able to give like one good swing an at bat so he's being overly aggressive each at bat.

Since he re-aggravated the wrist injury and had the first "Swinging one handed" game, he is 1-28 with a .071 OPS and 0 walks. That is legitimately "there are people here who could do that" bad. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

What VPN did you use?  I once tried subscribing to MLB TV using Nord VPN but it still would block me from watching the Sox.

Yeah MLB.tv basically won't accept any Nord connection anymore unless you set it to Sweden. At least that's what's worked for me recently. Be careful though if you keep doing this and then keep accessing MLB.com without a VPN they can flag your account and ban you since it's not physically possible to be in Sweden in one hour and then in the US the hour after. 

Edited by chw42
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I hope McKenzie embarrasses our lineup again tonight.  Had had 14 strikeouts against us last time out.  Would love to see that matched. 

Our lineup murders RHP. #1 problem.

I still want da Sox to win games. I will never root for them to lose.

I remember at least one time they made the playoffs and never lifted a bat off a shoulder.

Watching these guys take good pitches and swing at bad ones this season has me worn plum down. 162 will do. I'm good.

And let's face it. Who amongst us (in their right mind) doesn't deserve a break from Leury Garcia?

NO PLAYOFFS FOR YOU!!! ONE YEAR!!!

rah

Edited by Bossanoveralls

6 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

We have to continue trudging through this.

Beats off-season in Chicago watching Hot Stove. Crack a beer, make some popcorn, have a laugh watching ridiculously bad ABs by AAA players, spoiled starts, and enjoy the organ music .... winter is coming

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

It's going to be funny watching Cleveland get squashed in the first round.  The Sox team is woefully underperforming and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Right now it would be Cleveland vs Seattle, although the M's are only 1/2 game behind the Rays so either of those matchups is pretty likely. Blue Jays have a 2 game cushion on the Rays for the top WC spot. 

1 hour ago, Bossanoveralls said:

I still want da Sox to win games. I will never root for them to lose.

I remember at least one time they made the playoffs and never lifted a bat off a shoulder.

Watching these guys take good pitches and swing at bad ones this season has me worn plum down. 162 will do. I'm good.

And let's face it. Who amongst us (in their right mind) doesn't deserve a break from Leury Garcia?

NO PLAYOFFS FOR YOU!!! ONE YEAR!!!

rah

It's irrelevant whether they win or lose; they already butchered this season! This team earned the distinction as the #1 most underachieving and disappointing team in baseball.

The only thing now that I am rooting for is Hahn to be fired along with Tony and his entre coaching staff. 

I am also rooting for a major overhaul of this seriously flawed roster.

Finally, no matter how improbable or unlikely it is, I want Jerry to let his son run the team or sell it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

It's going to be funny watching Cleveland get squashed in the first round.  The Sox team is woefully underperforming and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Spend some time watching them.  Those are the types of teams that ruin predictable post seasons.  Their pen is tough.  Their starters are not ones to easily roll over.  Their youngsters play hard.  They do everything the White Sox don't.  If they get squashed it could because they got hot at the wrong time.

34 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It's irrelevant whether they win or lose; they already butchered this season! This team earned the distinction as the #1 most underachieving and disappointing team in baseball.

The only thing now that I am rooting for is Hahn to be fired along with Tony and his entre coaching staff. 

I am also rooting for a major overhaul of this seriously flawed roster.

Finally, no matter how improbable or unlikely it is, I want Jerry to let his son run the team or sell it.

Giants fans disagree.

9/21/22 White Sox Math

• 8-6 Cleveland = White Sox 14-0
  • 7-7 Cleveland = White Sox 13-1
  • 6-8 Cleveland = White Sox 12-2
  • 5-9 Cleveland = White Sox 11-3
  • 4-10 Cleveland = White Sox 10-4
  • 3-11 Cleveland = White Sox 9-5
  • 2-12 Cleveland = White Sox 8-6
  • 1-13 Cleveland = White Sox 7-7
  • 0-14 Cleveland = White Sox 6-8

Just a Fantasy, expect it to occur on the Twelfth of Never