9/21 Sox vs Cleveland

Bob Sacamano

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Not currently.

Abreu over Naylor and I guess catcher are the two infield advantages. Cleveland is better at all three OF positions (Robert has the potential better than Straw if he is every healthy, but certainly isn't now).

Sox have a slight rotation advantage but Cleveland definitely has a better bullpen.

Robert has the potential to better then Straw? Am I reading that correctly?

What do you guys think happens next year? I think TLR becomes Special Advisor to the manager, KW retires, Hahn takes his place and Chris Getz is promoted to GM. And I bet they hire AJ Pierzynski as manager and he picks some little grindy dude like Nick Punto as his bench coach. 

That’s disgusting. 

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

There will be one bit of accountability. Ownership will lose money. They think they’re entitled to their jobs, but they’re not entitled to ticket sales.

This may be where Jerry came up with the line "just be good enough to finish in second" https://chicagoreader.com/news-politics/sun-times-whiffs-on-sox-stadium-lease-young-and-old-black-and-white-bob-page-updated/

Here's the short story

"under this lease, there IS no economic pressure on the owners of the team to field a competitive team to sell tickets. If the team stinks, their revenue drops off–but their rent costs disappear altogether! No gain, no pain.”

11 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

Robert has the potential to better then Straw? Am I reading that correctly?

Yeah, if Robert heals and at some point in his career is able to play 130 + games a season, he would be more valuable.

This August/September, Straw is more valuable because he is healthy. The past two seasons, they put up the same bWAR, because Straw once again is healthy and Robert is/was not.

2021-2022 bWAR: 5.7 Robert 5.5 Straw

Edited by South Side Hit Men