9/21 Sox vs Cleveland

Bob Sacamano

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Andrus has been great, but him doing this will make it easy to bring him back and not find a meaningful upgrade (again) at 2B next season.

The mistake would be to continue to pretend that Tim Anderson is a major league shortstop. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, T R U said:

I can’t believe people think we’re gonna bring back Andrus on some sweetheart deal to play 2B. 

He’s hitting .317 with an .870 OPS for us, someone will pay him more than we will to play SS for them

Your right, but wait we have Leury for another 2 years at 5 million each why would we need Elvis?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I think the fans did our share. The fire Tony chants, the sell the team stuff.

No qualms with the fans, I still rarely see any criticism of Hahn anywhere (fans or media) beyond Soxtalk, and most were in his corner until this offseason.

And Kwan hits another HR.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

I can’t believe people think we’re gonna bring back Andrus on some sweetheart deal to play 2B. 

He’s hitting .317 with an .870 OPS for us, someone will pay him more than we will to play SS for them

On this one I guarantee you he will barely get a big league deal. His record is too long. A couple million at most.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

On this one I guarantee you he will barely get a big league deal. His record is too long. A couple million at most.

Andrus was one of the worst every day hitters in baseball over a ~4 year stretch. He's had a very good season, but he's going to be in the 1 year deal bin this off-season.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Cubs gave the corpse of Andrelton Simmons $4M last off-season, would imagine Elvis does a little better than that. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If Josh Harrison can get 1 year 5.5 million id suspect Andrus can find that