9/21 Sox vs Cleveland

Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Does he mean taking a step back and looking at who they are as a team, front office and ownership or does he mean another rebuild? Because I can’t see a rebuild happening.

If Tony is back, what happens to this team to try and get them to the next level? Now I’m wondering if Abreu walking, targeting the right free agents for the rotation and outfield and a trade with some pieces on the roster to make changes will be enough.

Off topic: Will Benetti be back next year? I think his contract allows him to work for other networks, but I wonder if he likes his Sox gig enough to stay. And I wonder if it ticks Len off at all that he has to do TV when he wants to do radio.

Len was OK with this arrangement when he came here, and his primary stated reason for wanting radio is to be able to call postseason games, with which this franchise is a pipedream most seasons. When Jason leaves, I doubt Len passes up the TV side. I don't think Stone is returning, good riddance. 

I don't believe Jerry gives a s%*# about the team or most players beyond Abreu, and a few former players (Konerko, Harold, Kenny, Ozzie). Jose is never going to tell Jerry Tony is garbage and needs to go, even if Jose thought Jerry would consider Jose's opinion. Jerry has only ever cared about one opinion beyond possibly his wife's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Does he mean taking a step back and looking at who they are as a team, front office and ownership or does he mean another rebuild? Because I can’t see a rebuild happening.

If Tony is back, what happens to this team to try and get them to the next level? Now I’m wondering if Abreu walking, targeting the right free agents for the rotation and outfield and a trade with some pieces on the roster to make changes will be enough.

Off topic: Will Benetti be back next year? I think his contract allows him to work for other networks, but I wonder if he likes his Sox gig enough to stay. And I wonder if it ticks Len off at all that he has to do TV when he wants to do radio.

I'm afraid it's a bleak future for the White Sox, the 2023 SP and OF free agent class that represent upgrades from current players are gonna get paid, the Sox don't do that.  The Mid-Tier guys are pretty bleh.  Pollock will exercise his option, Robert in CF, RF I expect them to call up Colas sooner than later because Jerry already spent to acquire him, Engel likely non-tendered as his arb amount will likely be higher than his value.  Maybe Conforto ruined his market enough by being a moron that the Sox can afford a bridge deal with him, he'll fit right into this clown show.

• Like 2

I turned it off. No need to continue. What a disappointing season. The off season will be worse and we will have the typical Hahn bullshit press conference and he will use words to lot smarter than a 5th grader when in fact he's dumber than a 1st grader. Someone should make a meme of him talking and the poop emoji coming out of s%*# mouth. Or a bull emoji followed by the poop emoji. Jerry will tell us how a 79 year old Tony is ready to go and lead the team to the promised land like Moses led his people through the red sea. We will be waiting anxiously for the Jackie Bradley JR signing and the minor league deal agreed with Brad Miller and how kopech will be ready

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I'm afraid it's a bleak future for the White Sox, the 2023 SP and OF free agent class that represent upgrades from current players are gonna get paid, the Sox don't do that.  The Mid-Tier guys are pretty bleh.  Pollock will exercise his option, Robert in CF, RF I expect them to call up Colas sooner than later because Jerry already spent to acquire him, Engel likely non-tendered as his arb amount will likely be higher than his value.  Maybe Conforto ruined his market enough by being a moron that the Sox can afford a bridge deal with him, he'll fit right into this clown show.

That would be a White Sox win. It was only a $5M difference ($10M vs. $5M player opt out) before the season, but AJ with a few more at bats will be guaranteed $13M, with $14M a possibility if they continue playing him everyday, despite being eliminated.

I don't see another team offering anything close to $13M for Pollock.

3 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Just letting loose more emotional baggage. Colas’ promotion to AAA, if he can come up to AAA, I still say he could have come up for a cup of coffee this year or more considering the need. Nobody agreed, but I will hold onto my delusions. 🤨

I agreed . I've been posting Free Colas for a while now when Robert got hurt and before that hoping he'd be here Sept. 1st to be eligible for the playoffs and if not then by Sept.15th before some of the big series started.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

9/22/22 White Sox Math

• Cleveland 6-7 White Sox 13-0
  • Cleveland 5-8 White Sox 12-1
  • Cleveland 4-9 White Sox 11-2
  • Cleveland 3-10 White Sox 10-3
  • Cleveland 2-11 White Sox 9-4
  • Cleveland 1-12 White Sox 8-5
  • Cleveland 0-13 White Sox 7-6

I would say that 0-13 for Cleveland would be possible but then I remembered they've got 1 more with the Sox tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1