9/21 Sox vs Cleveland

Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox knew Guardians had all these tough righties and didn’t do one fucking thing this past offseason to try and give them a better shot. Truly amazing 

Arrogant bastages. Plus they gave up at the trade deadline to do anything about it too.

Plus the previous trade deadline where we got the Kimbrel disease that will last through next season because of Pollock and the mighty Cesar Hernandez.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Believed in Moncada, Sheets, Grandal and Garcia......they are idiots. 

Believed relief pitching and TLR would make a difference. Left handed hitters aren't as important if you get good RH hitters bland blah blah blah from Hahn Hahn Hahn.

The truth is starting pitching and starting LH hitters cost more.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Believed relief pitching and TLR would make a difference. Left handed hitters aren't as important if you get good RH hitters bland blah blah blah from Hahn Hahn Hahn.

Pollock hits great against righties, or so we were told....and he plays good defense.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I would say that 0-13 for Cleveland would be possible but then I remembered they've got 1 more with the Sox tomorrow.

Sox have a winning record against Tampa Bay (4-2), so if they can somewhat leapfrog Baltimore (which the Sox lose the tie breaker with a 2-5 record), their wild card math is better at this stage.

9/22/22 Wild Card Math

• Tampa Bay 7-6 White Sox 13-0 (Baltimore 11-3 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 6-7 White Sox 12-1 (Baltimore 10-4 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 5-8 White Sox 11-2 (Baltimore 9-5 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 4-9 White Sox 10-3 (Baltimore 8-6 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 3-10 White Sox 9-4 (Baltimore 7-7 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 2-11 White Sox 8-5 (Baltimore 6-8 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 1-12 White Sox 7-6 (Baltimore 5-9 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 0-13 White Sox 6-7  (Baltimore 4-10 or worse)

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Sox have a winning record against Tampa Bay (4-2), so if they can somewhat leapfrog Baltimore (which the Sox lose the tie breaker with a 2-5 record), their wild card math is better at this stage.

9/22/22 Wild Card Math

• Tampa Bay 7-6 White Sox 13-0 (Baltimore 11-3 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 6-7 White Sox 12-1 (Baltimore 10-4 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 5-8 White Sox 11-2 (Baltimore 9-5 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 4-9 White Sox 10-3 (Baltimore 8-6 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 3-10 White Sox 9-4 (Baltimore 7-7 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 2-11 White Sox 8-5 (Baltimore 6-8 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 1-12 White Sox 7-6 (Baltimore 5-9 or worse)
  • Tampa Bay 0-13 White Sox 6-7  (Baltimore 4-10 or worse)

Will you be updating this daily?  I'm lazy. 😁

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Pollock hits great against righties, or so we were told....and he plays good defense.

And he can play Right Field.

Get the best three C, 2B and RF possible, care more about adequate to good/great defense and overall .750 + OPS, handedness is third or lower in terms of player need.

19 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I agreed . I've been posting Free Colas for a while now when Robert got hurt and before that hoping he'd be here Sept. 1st to be eligible for the playoffs and if not then by Sept.15th before some of the big series started.

It certainly wouldn’t be a case of a green kid getting scared by the experience. He's been around a little bit. Worst that could happen is that he begins to get a taste how to hit big league pitching before ST 2023. Team needed some new blood and a shakeup ffs. But Ill tell you what, I hope he never spends a minute in a  Tony LaRussa clubhouse being told to coast to first base. That’s one silver lining 

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

And he can play Right Field.

Get the best three C, 2B and RF possible, care more about adequate to good/great defense and overall .750 + OPS, handedness is third or lower in terms of player need.

Colas better be given a chance to start with the big club next season.  If he earns it in the Spring, bring him north.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Colas better be given a chance to start with the big club next season.  If he earns it in the Spring, bring him north.

I would say that absent a big acquisition, he should be treated like a talented prospect that should begin his big league education. Spring Training shouldn’t determine the decision imo. As long as he looks strong enough to grow into his tools.

• Hawk 1