9/21 Sox vs Cleveland

Bob Sacamano

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Colas better be given a chance to start with the big club next season.  If he earns it in the Spring, bring him north.

You will be told Colas needs to work on fielding and get more time against AAA pitching.

You will be told Eloy Jimenez, Gavin Sheets and Andrew Vaughn have worked on their fielding during the offseason and in Arizona, and are ready to make big strides.

You will be told free agent acquisition (insert Wil Myers, Adam Duvall, Robbie Grossman or Mitch Haniger) is a steady veteran, an asset in Right Field who will provide leadership in the clubhouse, and play hard everyday.

You will be told Yasmani Grandal, Luis Robert, Tim Anderson, Eloy Jimenez. Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech, Lance Lynn, Garrett Crochet, Joe Kelly, Kendall Graveman, Jake Diekman and Liam Hendriks are healthy and determined to win a World Championship entering 2023.

• Like 3
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You will be told Colas needs to work on fielding and get more time against AAA pitching.

You will be told Eloy Jimenez, Gavin Sheets and Andrew Vaughn have worked on their fielding during the offseason and in Arizona, and are ready to make big strides.

You will be told free agent acquisition (insert Wil Myers, Adam Duvall, Robbie Grossman or Mitch Haniger) is a steady veteran, an asset in Right Field who will provide leadership in the clubhouse, and play hard everyday.

You will be told Yasmani Grandal, Luis Robert, Tim Anderson, Eloy Jimenez. Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech, Lance Lynn, Garrett Crochet, Joe Kelly, Kendall Graveman, Jake Diekman and Liam Hendriks are healthy and determined to win a World Championship entering 2023.

You forgot to mention that you will be told TLR has fully recovered from his health scare and is back in charge and the quotes from players about how happy they are about that!

• Fire 1
  • TLR 2

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Absolutely can't wait to hear Hahn's end of the season press conference.

Rick Hahn is recovering from COVID. I can see the organization postponing yet another scheduled press conference until at least February, 2023 in Arizona, date and time TBD.

Danny Parkins asked Rick Hahn at the opening 2021 ST conference Danny was invited to participate via Zoom:

"Hey Rick, Um, just following up on Sullivan's (about whether fans are coming around on the TLR hiring) question. Bob in that piece with Tony also, he reported that Tony disclosed, uh, to Jerry about the DUI arrest, and that Jerry told no one. So I was wondering like when in that process did you find out, about the arrest?"

https://omny.fm/shows/wscr-0003/parkins-spiegel-rick-hahn-speaks-but-not-to-danny

Rick Hahn's response: 

"You know, (sigh), uh, Danny. Today is, is, as I sit here today and really of all days it's a day where there's optimism, excitement, and we've got, we're back together in the same place for the first time in a while. And we have World Series aspirations; I'm not that interested in sort of going through the hiring process, and the decision, and the communication and the internal elements of that. Uh, honestly like, that last few months working with Tony have been, I've gotten more and more excited about where this team is headed, and about what he's going to contribute. Uh, sitting here today and looking at the staff that we were able to assemble, I'm just thrilled with the conversations we've had; unfortunately mostly via Zoom! But the conversations we've had and the position we've got this team in right now. And my focus is not on rehashing something that happened four five months ago, it's about the excitement that we feel as we get ready to try to win a championship. So I know that's probably an unsatisfying answer, but honestly Danny, that's is (sic) as candid as I can be about the thing. I'm looking forward to the future, I'm not trying to rehash the past process.

The Sox did not provide media access to Tony or Rick after the October La Russa introductory press conference. Tony did not participate in December Winter Meetings (all 29 other mangers did). The day before this press conference, Bob Nightengale broke the story Tony told Jerry about his 2nd (known) DUI, but Jerry told no one. The Q & A above was the first media access the White Sox provided to general media since the October 2020 TLR Press Conference.

• Like 1

Sox go out with a whimper. Most boring disappointing season I can remember in a long time. Poor old Tony kind of set the tone for the season I hate to say just from his being 77 and mumbling all the time and looking lethargic.

This team fittingly should finish .500. It doesn't deserve to finish over .500. It's a .500 team. Hard sell for ticket customers for 2023. I guess you make a highlight film of Eloy and Cease and try to sell them as worth the price of admission.

• Like 3