Can’t Wait to Hear Hahn Lawyer Speak This s%*#

hi8is

I just want him to come and and tell the truth.

"Guess what? Yall were right! We fucked up! I don't know how to spend money on players and my boss wouldn't let me choose my manager. We don't know how to keep players healthy, motivated, or accountable. We don't encourage hustling because our players will probably get hurt, even though they are PROFESSIONAL FKING ATHLETES. Go ahead. Rail on us. We deserve it. To all the White Sox fans, I know you don't care that I say this, but I'm sorry. This org needs change from top to bottom. And I will be the first to set the example. I quit."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2
  • Hawk 1

I've never admired Hahn as a GM. I thought he should have been replaced years ago.  I don't envy him. He has to make some hard decisions this off season. Moncada and Grandal are making some serious money and both of them are useless.  They have to be replaced before the 2023 season. Grandal has one more year on his contract and they might just release him and eat the money. Moncada is owed $48 million over the next 3 seasons. They are going to have a hard time moving him to another team. I would think the only way to move him would be to pickup  most of the money owed him. Moncada hasn't hit since 2019 and his defense is starting to go bad. He looked awful  defensively in last nights game. I think this off season is  going to very interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moncada's defense  is not starting to go bad because he had a bad game or two. As you may recall, he caught a foul ball that was a key out and has hit a couple of home runs of late.

The Sox were demoralized after that extra inning loss and it carried over to a game against an ace pitcher.  Meanwhile, the Sox did not have Luis Robert or TA in the line-up.  Lance Lynn looks like he has lost his stuff but kept his penchant for anger at players who make errors while he is on the mound. We came up a few games short.

• TLR 1

Perhaps the Sox should be consulting message boards, on what to do next . what I read here, and elsewhere, makes a lot more sense, than what they actually do . after the fiasco of the last few years, will the front office do what it takes to improve the club, for next year, and beyond . I no longer trust any of them.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Moncada and Grandal are making some serious money and both of them are useless. 

I'm so mad at myself. I wanted a City Connect jersey so bad, and at the park the only one they had left in my size was Moncada, so I bit the bullet and bought one thinking "maybe he'll redeem himself and hit a game winning homerun in the playoffs."  Should have bought a blank one and had it customized...smh

Edited by ScooterMcGuire
  • Hawk 1

2 hours ago, tray said:

Moncada's defense  is not starting to go bad because he had a bad game or two. As you may recall, he caught a foul ball that was a key out and has hit a couple of home runs of late.

The Sox were demoralized after that extra inning loss and it carried over to a game against an ace pitcher.  Meanwhile, the Sox did not have Luis Robert or TA in the line-up.  Lance Lynn looks like he has lost his stuff but kept his penchant for anger at players who make errors while he is on the mound. We came up a few games short.

And why do you think that is?

8 hours ago, hi8is said:

Or will he even get a chance to?

You know, I don’t know. Usually Sox fans are kind of blasé, and this FO moves at a glacial pace because Jerry gives out jobs for life at both teams. But I can say I have never in my life seen this fanbase so angry. Jerry has to feed us at least one management body to keep the mob from storming the castle. If I had to guess, LaRussa goes (kicked upstairs?) since when Jerry does make a move, it is on the court or on the field. But Hahn stays.

22 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

And why do you think that is?

Didn’t want to eat Kuechel’s salary, Tony made mistakes and put the team to sleep. Totally self inflicted and unnecessary. Despite the holes on the team, they could have been right there with a little common sense and reasonable behavior by a top organization 

Edited by Chick Mercedes

It is like absolutely wild when you think about the only outside hires in this org was Paddy. Getz sort of counts, with his 1 year in an asst role in KC, I guess.

Virtually no one has been fired, all promoted into different assistant to the GM roles.

Is there another franchise as insular as this?

They have made so many errors, but the big one was LaRussa. Velasquez and Kelly may be some place else if he wasn't hired, and who knows who else. If they needed a fossil, Buck was the hire. He has a 3 or 4 year shelf life, but his teams play to or above their talent level for at least a couple of seasons. And his player evaluation is much better than Tony's. 

Forget his managerial skills, his evaluation skills are being used like his stint in AZ never happened. And that was many brain cells ago. 

Shame on the players, but the big shame was hiring Tony. He brought down the entire organization.

The facts are facts regarding Hahn. In the nine previous seasons he's been in charge (even if it is just in name only) the Sox had two winning seasons.

Two.

With two first round playoff exits.

And remember the Sox weren't always 'rebuilding" in those seasons. There were years before the rebuild they were trying to win.

The jury is still out if they can even have a winning season this year.

I can't think of many other franchises that would allow a guy with that track record to remain in his position.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The facts are facts regarding Hahn. In the nine previous seasons he's been in charge (even if it is just in name only) the Sox had two winning seasons.

Two.

And remember the Sox weren't always 'rebuilding" in those seasons. There were years before the rebuild they were trying to win.

I can't think of many other franchises that would allow a guy with that track record to remain in his position.

I think I can confidently add this as the 5th time most organizations would have fired him. 

• Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Two.

Yep. At this point, since we know they won’t come back, I want them to finish under .500 10+ games behind the Guardians.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1