9/22 Sox vs. Guardians 7:10PM CT

DoUEvenShift

• bmags pinned this topic

Alas, the hope for the White Sox to make the playoffs has dwindled to a flicker. While there still is an extremely faint chance of a huge comeback, even a win tonight won't change the reality that it's wait till next season. I honestly thought they would come out firing on all cylinders for this three game set but no such luck at all. Such a pitiful effort by players and coaches alike, I'm not sure what the answers are to fixing this team but getting a new manager has to be the main priority and then clean up and repair where needed, lots of problems need to be addressed, no doubt about it.

6 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

Alas, the hope for the White Sox to make the playoffs has dwindled to a flicker. While there still is an extremely faint chance of a huge comeback, even a win tonight won't change the reality that it's wait till next season. I honestly thought they would come out firing on all cylinders for this three game set but no such luck at all. Such a pitiful effort by players and coaches alike, I'm not sure what the answers are to fixing this team but getting a new manager has to be the main priority and then clean up and repair where needed, lots of problems need to be addressed, no doubt about it.

Agreed. At a minimum, for the fanbase to have anything to look forward to, a new manager is required. I believe we are also past the threshold for new management too. Our rebuild already looks old, unhealthy, slow, no power, and no strength in the bullpen. I don’t think Hahn and Williams should be a part of the decision makers going forward. 

The White Sox have some big offseason decisions and every player should practically be available for a trade at this point. If we stand pay or sign marginal players for 2023 with TLR as our manager, the fanbase will revolt. 

Edited by SouthSideGeorgia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whitesoxwin said:

The hope for the Sox to make the playoffs ended when Cairo brought in Jimmy Lambert to protect a 3-1 lead late against Cleveland , having ReyLo available.  Even Cairo admitted after the game that he didn’t manage well the most critical game of the year.  Sox need to bring in a new, Proven manager that can impart managerial skills and accountability.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

This team has mailed it in already.  Question now is whether they will end the season ahead of the Twins or not.

Above the Twins or below?

82-80 vs 80-82?

It doesn’t matter whatsoever. The bottom line is this team should have been competing for a top-2 seed and they aren’t making the playoffs with a 3 wildcard format. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

A group of Satanists throwing out the first pitch today. We really are desperate

Seriously, WTF is wrong with this team?  I'd love to see a Venn diagram of this guy's fans and White Sox fans.  Literally no one in the intersection.  His wikipedia says he is a satanist.  This is starting to be like the movie Major League.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

Seriously, WTF is wrong with this team?  I'd love to see a Venn diagram of this guy's fans and White Sox fans.  Literally no one in the intersection.  His wikipedia says he is a satanist.  This is starting to be like the movie Major League.

Maybe the Sox feel since God doesn't appear to want to help them they can turn to the "dark side." 😄 

28 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

Maybe that’s what happened this year - they drank Jobu’s rum to celebrate the hot start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bossanoveralls said:

I mean, what gives already?

Has Miggie lost the clubhouse in just a couple weeks?

He musta yelled or someting they didn't like.

Evidently taking Leury out of the starting lineup will only get you so far.

What the hell did he do to piss them off this time, baby?

They were still doing OK though they should have swept the Tigers but then the Guards came to Chicago for the biggest series of the year and we met a team that is hungrier and plays the game much better than the Sox with a better manager than Cairo or deranged TLR.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

12 minutes ago, pcq said:

Sox have a clear path. 

Always a chance, the 1964 Cardinals were 6.5 behind the Phillies with 14 left to play and won the Pennant, they also went on to beat the Yankees in the WS. I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

39 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

Brooks Boyer has jumped the shark.

There needs to be an Exorcism expelling Satan from the entire organization.