9/22 Sox vs. Guardians 7:10PM CT

DoUEvenShift

3 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Cueto.jpg   vs. Bieber.jpg

I guess I must be a glutton for punishment to continue watching these games...

I will watch every game until it's over and the fat lady has sung.  Five months without baseball will give you plenty of time to recuperate.  

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Always a chance, the 1964 Cardinals were 6.5 behind the Phillies with 14 left to play and won the Pennant, they also went on to beat the Yankees in the WS. I'm not holding my breath.

Lol and their manager got fired. 

3 hours ago, whitesoxwin said:

Alas, the hope for the White Sox to make the playoffs has dwindled to a flicker. While there still is an extremely faint chance of a huge comeback, even a win tonight won't change the reality that it's wait till next season. I honestly thought they would come out firing on all cylinders for this three game set but no such luck at all. Such a pitiful effort by players and coaches alike, I'm not sure what the answers are to fixing this team but getting a new manager has to be the main priority and then clean up and repair where needed, lots of problems need to be addressed, no doubt about it.

Consider that a number of members are not concerned about winning. 

31 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Always a chance, the 1964 Cardinals were 6.5 behind the Phillies with 14 left to play and won the Pennant, they also went on to beat the Yankees in the WS. I'm not holding my breath.

They still had three head to head games with the Phillies, which they swept.  That ship has sailed here.

44 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I will watch every game until it's over and the fat lady has sung.  Five months without baseball will give you plenty of time to recuperate.  

This is true.  I turned the Sox off in the like the 6th last night because I was so disgusted and turned on the new Dahmer Netflix show.  I did, however, put the game on my phone lol.  My wife just rolled her eyes and made some comment under her breath about how I cannot help myself.  She's not wrong.  

30 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This is true.  I turned the Sox off in the like the 6th last night because I was so disgusted and turned on the new Dahmer Netflix show.  I did, however, put the game on my phone lol.  My wife just rolled her eyes and made some comment under her breath about how I cannot help myself.  She's not wrong.  

Funny, I just started watching it about an hour ago. Creepy as f***.

2 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

Seriously, WTF is wrong with this team?  I'd love to see a Venn diagram of this guy's fans and White Sox fans.  Literally no one in the intersection.  His wikipedia says he is a satanist.  This is starting to be like the movie Major League.

Yeah I have no idea. I assumed they were at least from Chicago or something but nope, Sweden.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

And the Yankees fired Yogi and hired Keane.

1964 was also the year the Sox won their last 10 games and finished 1 game behind the Yanks.

The Sox won the last nine straight that season but the Yankees had built up and three and a half game lead with a few weeks to go so they had enough of a cushion.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So biggest series of the season, Luis Robert is active and on the 28 man roster, he plays 1 game, goes 0/5 with 2 K's.

This...I just...There are no words. Schmooblygot? 

He shouldn’t have played a game post all star break.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

That's when Gene Mauch started using his two best starters in relief.

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Yep, Jim Bunning and Chris Short, used them with only 2 days rest down the stretch.

Dick Allen who was on the 1964 Phillies said years later that Mauch should have pitched there young  pitcher Fergie Jenkins. Mauch hated Jenkins and didn't pitch him.  When Jenkens was traded to the Cubs in 1965 Mauch called Jenkins a piece of garbage.