ChiSox59

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

What am I missing on this offseason;

The bullpen is what it is

Colas is the RF 

2B will be filled internally 

Spend some money to replace Cueto 

Hire a manager 

As has been stated previously if there is no improvement with Anderson, Moncada, Vaughan, Grandal and Robert there is nothing that can be done fix the mistakes for those contracts.  

If they really wanted to shake things up and show this roster they mean business trade TA. Send him to Arizona for Ketel Marte who seems like he could use a change of scenery. Go sign Benintendi and give Andrus a 1 year deal to be the bridge to Montgomery. 

Marte, Benintendi, Vaughn, Eloy, Moncada, Robert, Grandal, Pollock, Andrus would sit nicely with me until Colas is ready. Sign a few vets to give the starting staff some depth and I'd be optimistic. But that would be ballsy for this organization so it won't happen. You're probably closer than I am.

Just so people know: Elvis Andrus is going into his age 34 season and will more than likely suck s%*# next year. he played way over his head for the sox (big time dead cat bounce energy) and even while far exceeding any expectations his line with chicago was only .271/.309/.464/.773 (puffed up ISO by like 80 points, he's good for about .120 not .200). He has an 82 OPS+ over his last 2300 plate appearances, he's not good anymore.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

If they really wanted to shake things up and show this roster they mean business trade TA. Send him to Arizona for Ketel Marte who seems like he could use a change of scenery. Go sign Benintendi and give Andrus a 1 year deal to be the bridge to Montgomery. 

Marte, Benintendi, Vaughn, Eloy, Moncada, Robert, Grandal, Pollock, Andrus would sit nicely with me until Colas is ready. Sign a few vets to give the starting staff some depth and I'd be optimistic. But that would be ballsy for this organization so it won't happen. You're probably closer than I am.

Ketel Marte has been pretty meh for three years now unfortunately. It would be ridiculous to swap Anderson for him, Anderson has more value than a change of scenery swap.

13 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Just so people know: Elvis Andrus is going into his age 34 season and will more than likely suck s%*# next year. he played way over his head for the sox (big time dead cat bounce energy) and even while far exceeding any expectations his line with chicago was only .271/.309/.464/.773 (puffed up ISO by like 80 points, he's good for about .120 not .200). He has an 82 OPS+ over his last 2300 plate appearances, he's not good anymore.

Yeah, let Elvis leave the building.  His time here is the very definition of SSS.  Find a 2B between the guys we have here and fill the bigger holes with the resources we do have.

Marte's 2021 was pretty on point compared with Tim's. That being said I was pretty soured by TA's behavior this year, namely personal distractions and on the field that double header in Cleveland. If this team underperformed with a lack of leadership he could shoulder some of that blame. Anyway it's a moot point because they'll never trade him. Just food for thought.

9 minutes ago, T R U said:

Ketel Marte has been pretty meh for three years now unfortunately. It would be ridiculous to swap Anderson for him, Anderson has more value than a change of scenery swap.

5 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Marte's 2021 was pretty on point compared with Tim's. That being said I was pretty soured by TA's behavior this year, namely personal distractions and on the field that double header in Cleveland. If this team underperformed with a lack of leadership he could shoulder some of that blame. Anyway it's a moot point because they'll never trade him. Just food for thought.

I would be ok with trading Tim, as long as they aren't dumping him.

Marte 1.8 WAR in 2021

Anderson 4.8 WAR in 2021

They weren't even close. Leury Garcia was better than Ketel Marte in 2021, let that one sink in.

Edited by T R U
Mercy!

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

I would be ok with trading Tim, as long as they aren't dumping him.

Marte 1.8 WAR in 2021

Anderson 4.8 WAR in 2021

They weren't even close.

Seems like a big factor in Marte's 2021 performance being pretty rotten was a number of injuries including more than 1 hamstring pull.

But the good news is the White Sox have an excellent record of keeping people healthy lately.

• Like 2

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Seems like a big factor in Marte's 2021 performance being pretty rotten was a number of injuries including more than 1 hamstring pull.

But the good news is the White Sox have an excellent record of keeping people healthy lately.

Fair point, but his 2020, 2021, and 2022 are all equally as pedestrian. Either way, I wouldn't swap Tim for Marte in a one on one deal.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

That's one way to do it, just interesting that you first said we need a "strong LH OF" and then allowed Conforto to fit that description. 

Conforto would be the best LH hitting OF we’ve had since what….2015 Adam Eaton? 2005 Scott Podsednik? This organizations inability to acquire a LH hitting OF that is actually decent goes back over 15 years. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kalapse said:

you just keep posting, huh?

Its possible they cut back, but with all of the money already committed, that would need to be a sell off.

Even if Reinsdorf is willing to do $200m, that is almost what they spent this year so Hahn is probably telling us a lot by mentioning the trade market.

1 hour ago, striker said:

I want Kelenic and/or Bleeday. Both LH, both can play all three OF positions, both slug, both walk.

I struggle to come up with a trade that makes sense that nets us one of those guys. 

1 hour ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

If the really wanted to shake things up and show this roster they mean business trade TA. Send him to Arizona for Ketel Marte who seems like he could use a change of scenery. Go sign Benintendi and give Andrus a 1 year deal to be the bridge to Montgomery. 

I am all for acquiring Marte, but a TA for Marte deal would be very bad.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Conforto would be the best LH hitting OF we’ve had since what….2015 Adam Eaton? 2005 Scott Podsednik? This organizations inability to acquire a LH hitting OF that is actually decent goes back over 15 years. 

Does Melky Cabrera count since he was a switch hitter? If so, then 2021 Conforto < 2016-2017 Melky Cabrera with the bats.

Does Daniel Palka count as an OF? I'm genuinely not sure, but 2021 Conforto < 2018 Daniel Palka.

Those are in addition to Eaton. I totally get why the White Sox would do a move like that. It makes sense given their budget and their situation. It's a reasonable gamble. 

But unless I'm reading this wrong, your post has a degree of certainty in it that I don't understand. You say "he would be this" as though it's not a gamble at all. Are you really 100% confident that Conforto can have a bad 2021 due to injuries, miss all of 2022 due to injury, and will then come back as the 2017-2020 .860 OPS hitter? So confident that you can guarantee Conforto will put up a .800 OPS? I would like to know what gives you that confidence to say that he would be, do you know something about his injuries that I don't?