Your 2023 Off-Season Plan

ChiSox59

34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Adam Maloney = ComiskeyFootlongDog confirmed

No just my opinion. Anyone who believes that this organization will spend anything significant this year in free agency is dreaming. You have to remember who’s calling the shots at the top.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

The Sox are basically going to run the same team out there. FA signings will be marginal at best. If anything significant, which I highly doubt, will be through trades.

Well this is better than your post before the edit. I read your post that the same team was coming back...even though we already know Harrison has been let go (thanks God).

6 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Well this is better than your post before the edit. I read your post that the same team was coming back...even though we already know Harrison has been let go (thanks God).

Yes thank god Harrison has been let go but I think they are going to replace him with a combination of Romy and Sosa.

Edited by maloney.adam

30 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Yes thank god Harrison has been let go but I think they are going to replace him with a combination of Romy and Sosa.

Um…good? That’s exactly what they should do at that position? Maybe tell the coaches to go work with them and help them improve?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Um…good? That’s exactly what they should do at that position? Maybe tell the coaches to go work with them and help them improve?

I am OK with that combo at 2B if they figure out the corner OF positions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

The Sox are basically going to run the same team out there. FA signings will be marginal at best. If anything significant, which I highly doubt, will be through trades.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Adam Maloney = ComiskeyFootlongDog confirmed

🤔🫣

• Fire 1
  • TLR 2

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

But...first of all, I can check these numbers weighted by playing time. Weighted by playing time, the White Sox in 2022 had the 8th oldest pitching staff and the 7th oldest lineup. They were the 5th oldest team in baseball in 2022 weighted by playing time. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/majors/2022-misc.shtml

And second, suggesting that the White Sox in 2022 weren't going to overperform and weren't going to be among the healthiest teams in baseball based on their ages...was correct. 

The lineup is there largely because of Harrison (not on the team anymore) Abreu (likely not on the team anymore, and not exactly an aging “problem” last year anyway), and Andrus (likely not on the team anymore).  Also Pollock, who is hardly figured to be a driver of this team’s success.  This does not tell a meaningful story about this year’s team at all. 

17 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Yep. Colas and one of Nimmo, Conforto, Benintendi, Gallo. 

Let the young guys battle for the 2B job, and sign a SP. 

It’s a pretty simple offseason, actually. 

117661A6-CC1D-4F30-BFA1-808DCBAE3D97.jpeg
Meanwhile Hahn looking at all the aging bullpen arm free agents…

• Like 1

I think Gallo goes back to Texas. Conforto gonna want a prove-it deal with an opt out. You can cross the Sox off because Jerry won’t give that to a player. Beintendi is going to have a decent market, and I doubt the Sox overpay despite their love fest for him. Pederson just fits the bill, plus past history and is a perfect platoon partner with Pollock. But I think he’s even priced himself out of the Sox budget.

17 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I think Gallo goes back to Texas. Conforto gonna want a prove-it deal with an opt out. You can cross the Sox off because Jerry won’t give that to a player. Beintendi is going to have a decent market, and I doubt the Sox overpay despite their love fest for him. Pederson just fits the bill, plus past history and is a perfect platoon partner with Pollock. But I think he’s even priced himself out of the Sox budget.

Tyler Naquin come on down.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

What's the liklihood Bellinger gets non-tendered?  Pretty high right?  He'd be another name to add to the list.

Note: he (along with others) conveniently forgot how to hit after the Astros sign stealing scandal.

Always convinced most teams were doing it.

10 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Note: he (along with others) conveniently forgot how to hit after the Astros sign stealing scandal.

Always convinced most teams were doing it.

The crazy thing is that the Astros road OPS was 22 points better than their home OPS in 2017. Either they were cheating on the road too, or it didn't help all that much. Eight of the ten 2017 playoff teams were 24 or more points better at home than on the road though.

• Like 1