3B- Yoan

CF- Robert

DH- Eloy

LF- Colas

1B- Vaughn

2B- Lowe

C- Yaz/Seby(upgrade needed)

RF- Tapia

Bench- Burger, Luery, Romy or Mendick, Engel or Haseley(upgrade needed)

Cease

Lynn

Gio

Kopech

Cueto/Smyly

Martin

Diekman

Lambert

Kelly

Bummer

Lopez

Hendricks

And now you can have Tapia for free basically.

48 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And now you can have Tapia for free basically.

I see…I figured he’d be available, but guess there wasn’t as much of a trade market as I expected. 

I don’t love Tapia or think he’d be a great get. But given what we have to work with, he’s not a bad lefty platoon option with some speed/athleticism, a decent glove and not a total black hole at the plate. Would def take a shot and hope to make a bigger/better move later and Tapia is our 4th OF’er opening day.

4 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I see…I figured he’d be available, but guess there wasn’t as much of a trade market as I expected. 

I don’t love Tapia or think he’d be a great get. But given what we have to work with, he’s not a bad lefty platoon option with some speed/athleticism, a decent glove and not a total black hole at the plate. Would def take a shot and hope to make a bigger/better move later and Tapia is our 4th OF’er opening day.

He’s due $4M+ in arbitration…100% not worth that price.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s due $4M+ in arbitration…100% not worth that price.

I don’t think that’s bad for a solid 4th of’er. We need 1 and Engel is due 2.3M. Could there be a better option? Maybe. Would like Tapia to be better in CF, but don’t know if he’d kill us in short spurts. Of course with Robert we may need more than a short spurt so who knows. 

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Josh Nelson on Twitter saying if he were GM he would not have not protected Popeye…🤣🤣🤣

I love the Soxmachine guys but Josh has some truly bizarre opinions sometimes. Not protecting Popeye would have been insane.

Even in the good times, there is *always* dead weight on the Sox 40-man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I don’t think that’s bad for a solid 4th of’er. We need 1 and Engel is due 2.3M. Could there be a better option? Maybe. Would like Tapia to be better in CF, but don’t know if he’d kill us in short spurts. Of course with Robert we may need more than a short spurt so who knows. 

It’s a ton of money when we may only have $15M or so in payroll space to work with.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I love the Soxmachine guys but Josh has some truly bizarre opinions sometimes. Not protecting Popeye would have been insane.

Even in the good times, there is *always* dead weight on the Sox 40-man.

Beyond all the trash on the 40 man roster currently, the fact he ignored there are rebuilding clubs who happily carry a guy like Popeye on their major league roster for a year is mind boggling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Beyond all the trash on the 40 man roster currently, the fact he ignored there are rebuilding clubs who happily carry a guy like Popeye on their major league roster for a year is mind boggling.

He might be the best 2nd basemen in the org currently! Or shortstop option if/when TA's hammy flairs up again. I'm not saying that's the case, but it's possible, and obviously he's one of the Sox best prospects anyways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s a ton of money when we may only have $15M or so in payroll space to work with.

Just don’t tender Engel and it’s essentially a $1.7M addition to the payroll. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not standing on the table saying we need to get Tapia…just saying that he’s a better LH corner OF option than we have. Obviously a better addition should be sought out, but I don’t hate the idea of him as a 4th OF’er.

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He might be the best 2nd basemen in the org currently! Or shortstop option if/when TA's hammy flairs up again. I'm not saying that's the case, but it's possible, and obviously he's one of the Sox best prospects anyways.

Fully agree.  He was on fire before his hand injury and could easily see playing time this year.  It’s such a bad take I wonder if Nelson was confusing him with Yogurt or something.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fully agree.  He was on fire before his hand injury and could easily see playing time this year.  It’s such a bad take I wonder if Nelson was confusing him with Yogurt or something.

I think you are confusing Nelson with someone who knows what he is talking about. 

• Like 2

I think I found who will be Hahn’s Ivan Nova this off-season and that will be Marco Gonzales.  Dude put up 183 innings of 0.1 fWAR ball last year, which is an incredibly impressive feat.  Just seems like the type of innings eater that Hahn will covet to protect the staff and he can probably exchange a bad contact (Kelly or Leury) to get him.  It’s got Rick Hahn special written all over it.

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I asked and he was not confusing the two. Didn't agree with his reasoning at all, although I suppose I could understand it on a macro level.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think I found who will be Hahn’s Ivan Nova this off-season and that will be Marco Gonzales.  Dude put up 183 innings of 0.1 fWAR ball last year, which is an incredibly impressive feat.  Just seems like the type of innings eater that Hahn will covet to protect the staff and he can probably exchange a bad contact (Kelly or Leury) to get him.  It’s got Rick Hahn special written all over it.

Man his K rate just disappeared. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

The margin for error with pitchers who don't miss any bats is just so thin. If the K rate doesn't rebound, there's a chance Gonzalez goes 2021/2022 Dallas Keuchel.

100% agree.  I would be very unhappy if Hahn acquired him, but I could see Rick viewing it as a way to swap out a bad contract to fill a need.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.  I would be very unhappy if Hahn acquired him, but I could see Rick viewing it as a way to swap out a bad contract to fill a need.

Just from a shifting around bad money perspective, Kelly for Marco Gonzales actually makes a lot of sense. Even if neither of us would like it. It's an interesting idea.

• Like 1