Your 2023 Off-Season Plan

ChiSox59

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yoan is definitely a guy I could see being a very productive major leaguer until he’s in has late with 30s with just a priority shift. He’s got all the talent in the world. He’s probably already locked himself into being a let down in a White Sox jersey, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the light bulb go on once he realizes the well is going to run dry in a couple years.

It’s in there. Hope it starts in 23.

Does the removal of the shift help him though.  

5 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Surprised this hasn't been shared yet. It's a slow day here (and at work) so I figured I'd share. Take with grain of salt obviously.

If this is true (Winker) we'll see more action in the Fire Hahn thread. He's got only this year as a free agent on his contract. He's worth nothing. And Kyle Lewis please no. Why trade prospects for these guys when you can just claim Stone Garrett with keep the prospects.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If this is true (Winker) we'll see more action in the Fire Hahn thread. He's got only this year as a free agent on his contract. He's worth nothing. And Kyle Lewis please no. Why trade prospects for these guys when you can just claim Stone Garrett with keep the prospects.

The guy is a fraud, and has no info 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The idea that a left handed hitter with a career WRC+ of 126 and .836 OPS is “worth nothing” is ridiculous. 

Soxtalk: Our front office sucks, they don’t do anything!

Also Soxtalk on any available player that’s going to make less than $20mil a year: That player sucks, don’t bring him here!

SHOULD this organization just spend some $ and solve our problem with Nimmo? Of course. Will they? Of course not. At some point beggars can’t be choosers and we have to be realistic. If it’s possible to buy low on Jesse Winker it’s definitely not a bad realistic option. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

The idea that a left handed hitter with a career WRC+ of 126 and .836 OPS is “worth nothing” is ridiculous. 

Soxtalk: Our front office sucks, they don’t do anything!

Also Soxtalk on any available player that’s going to make less than $20mil a year: That player sucks, don’t bring him here!

SHOULD this organization just spend some $ and solve our problem with Nimmo? Of course. Will they? Of course not. At some point beggars can’t be choosers and we have to be realistic. If it’s possible to buy low on Jesse Winker it’s definitely not a bad realistic option. 

He's a rental ,1 year and is a terrible OF. You want to give up a prospect for a rental ? They should done buying rentals. It fixes nothing. The rebuild is over .  1 year of Winker solves what exactly for the future of this franchise ?

If you haven't noticed Soxtalk is made up of many different people. There is not a hive  or collective mentality hence many different opinions .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's a rental ,1 year and is a terrible OF. You want to give up a prospect for a rental ? They should done buying rentals. It fixes nothing. The rebuild is over .  1 year of Winker solves what exactly for the future of this franchise ?

It helps clear out the value in the minors

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you haven't noticed Soxtalk is made up of many different people. There is not a hive  or collective mentality hence many different opinions .

Again, no one is more for a bigger/better move than me…but what’s the realistic option? 

And I said buy low. I wouldn’t be interested in a deal that involves any prospect we care about. 

Not to mention that 1 year fits pretty well in my opinion. Give this core 1 more year to prove they can play healthy and up to potential. If that doesn’t work out we are going to be at a serious cross roads and probably looking to unload anyway. 

1 last time, signing Nimmo should be #1 plan A and a move for a guy like Winker should be in the plan F range…but we all know that’s about where this franchise operates so I’m just trying to be realistic about a 1/2 decent option 

1 hour ago, NCsoxfan said:

This offseason is depressing. I’m skeptical there’s a plan. If there is a plan, then I’m even more skeptical that they have the baseball minds/analysis to make good decisions. Even if they have a sound plan, I’m doubtful they can outmaneuver LA, NYY, TB, HOU, etc

Call me crazy, but I feel Hahn would do the least damage by doing absolutely nothing this winter.  That’s how little faith I have left in his ability to put a winning product on the field.  I’m skeptical of whatever plans they do or don’t have and their ability to execute.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Call me crazy, but I feel Hahn would do the least damage by doing absolutely nothing this winter.  That’s how little faith I have left in his ability to put a winning product on the field.  I’m skeptical of whatever plans they do or don’t have and their ability to execute.  

I have been saying that for a while.

But they still need to figure out a way to add warm bodies. They need 2 outfielders and a starter to fill out a roster. Not negotiable.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sooooo teams that win don't sign one year rentals?  To go along with their core like Tim Anderson, Luis Robert, Moncada, Eloy, Vaughn......

This whole give up a prospect concept.......if this is a one year rental do you think the sox are giving up Oscar Colas?

Come on man.....make some sense.

I'm not advocating for Jesse Winker......I'm disagreeing with your premise.   

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Orlando didn’t have any real connections, did he?

Unknown but I lean strongly toward no. 

I do wonder if these guys do know someone in the org and they're feeding them a lot of bullshit. I doubt they'd be able to keep their jobs with the Sox if they were spilling the beans about what is actually going on. I think this might be 100% planted info that the FO wants in the public. These guys do occasionally get something right. 

Edited by Jack Parkman