Your 2023 Off-Season Plan

ChiSox59

31 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Trade Hendriks, TA, and Graveman.  

Sign Trea Turner.

Trade for Sean Murphy and Eguy Rosario.

Sign CClevinger How

Sign Dodger LH free agent Jason Martin to platoon in RF

Sounds simple enough. How much salary are the Sox saving with the guys you are trading ? Why are we trading for catching ? Who is Eguy ? How long and how much is Trea Turner costing ? What are you smoking ?

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sounds simple enough. How much salary are the Sox saving with the guys you are trading ? Why are we trading for catching ? Who is Eguy ? How long and how much is Trea Turner costing ? What are you smoking ?

Trading those three would save $35mil.

Turner I’m projecting 6/180 

Eguy is the Padres fifth rated prospect and can play 2b/SS/3B.

Martin is a buy low LH hitter who can provide outfield flexibility. He hits RH pitching well, average power, gets on base, etc.

10 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Trading those three would save $35mil.

Turner I’m projecting 6/180 

Eguy is the Padres fifth rated prospect and can play 2b/SS/3B.

Martin is a buy low LH hitter who can provide outfield flexibility. He hits RH pitching well, average power, gets on base, etc.

How's Martin's defense and speed ?

Just now, NCsoxfan said:

Both slightly above average (using UZR and stolen bases)

Are those AAA stats ? I like OAA better or scouting reports although usually on a  27 yr old scouting reports are old and injuries can change the grades. But like that you are exploring on the margins depth pieces.

Trea Turner not a chance in hell.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are those AAA stats ? I like OAA better or scouting reports although usually on a  27 yr old scouting reports are old and injuries can change the grades. But like that you are exploring on the margins depth pieces.

Trea Turner not a chance in hell.

Thanks. And I think Eguy would be an interesting to look at for 2B (assuming SD would consider trading him)

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I expect the Sox to sign either Brantley or Benintendi for LF. They will throw Sheets in RF until they're ready to call up Colas. 

Man, Brantley just isn’t a fit defensively. The bat is a perfect fit but the Sox need a real OF. Hope he’s like option 7 on the big board. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not sure where to place this, but wow wow wow:

Jerry must buy all the cheapest s%*# he can on Amazon, only to find out they break after a few uses. Then he goes and buys the cheap product again, thinking that's better than spending $5 more on a more durable product. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not sure where to place this, but wow wow wow:

Alright, here's what I don't get...

Jerry was fine with Hahn picking up Kimbrel's $16 million option, but he wasn't ok with paying $2 million more for Rodon's QO? That money isn't even guaranteed since Rodon might reject it. And going by the deal he ended up getting, he probably would have rejected the QO and signed elsewhere. The Sox cost themselves a comp pick just because Jerry was penny pinching over $2 million imaginary dollars. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Jerry was fine with Hahn picking up Kimbrel's $16 million option, but he wasn't ok with paying $2 million more for Rodon's QO? That money isn't even guaranteed since Rodon might reject it. And going by the deal he ended up getting, he probably would have rejected the QO and signed elsewhere. The Sox cost themselves a comp pick just because Jerry was penny pinching over $2 million imaginary dollars. 

Jerry has always done things his way, for better or worse.

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I said it last year during the window the Sox had - offer Rodon the QO - if he accepts you gladly take it, although more likely he wouldn't.  On Kimbrel - too much risk with keeping him, so you were better off just walking away so you had immediate flexibility with his money (vs. being stuck having to trade him before you created the flexibility).  

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They picked up the Kimbrel option with zero intent on keeping him, that's probably why. They also nitpicked with Giolito over 50K so none of this comes as a surprise.