Your 2023 Off-Season Plan

ChiSox59

8 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

Luis Robert is in game shape.    If this is his personal trainer he needs to be fired yesterday.   Part of the offseason plan was for these guys to take care of their body and get into a shape that can extend through the season without any major issues.  That looks to be an abject failure here. 

"I have never boxed in my life" - southsideirish71

• TLR 1

15 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

Luis Robert is in game shape.    If this is his personal trainer he needs to be fired yesterday.   Part of the offseason plan was for these guys to take care of their body and get into a shape that can extend through the season without any major issues.  That looks to be an abject failure here. 

Looks like he’s ready for his big screen debut in the new Creed movie. 

26 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

My question is why is he doing that on a paver brick driveway?   Just seems like an odd place and that yoga mat isn't offering much in the way of a mat on the same paver bricks.  Doesn't he have an tennis court or something?

probably for core work or bodyweight exercises like pushups

• 2 weeks later...

Fegan has a great article up with Katz quotes.  The biggest thing that jumped out to me is the Sox starting depth is going to be tested, as Kopech still isn’t 100 pct and Clevinger might be on an innings limit.  At least we know Hahn will stay busy to ensure injuries can’t derail the team!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fegan has a great article up with Katz quotes.  The biggest thing that jumped out to me is the Sox starting depth is going to be tested, as Kopech still isn’t 100 pct and Clevinger might be on an innings limit.  At least we know Hahn will stay busy to ensure injuries can’t derail the team!!!

I'm still holding out hope the Sox are able to add a vet on a milb deal right before ST. 

42 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

If he costs nothing, that'd be nice. Bet he has a better year than Sosa.

He is in his 1st arb year, hasn't been healthy or productive,  and didn't sound like he made friends in the clubhouse.  

Not sure he is better than Romy or Lenyn, or even a healthy Leury.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, fathom said:

A+ off-season there Rick.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, fathom said:

I understand it’s Fegan saying it and I’m also not claiming to be an expert…but I find it hard to believe both Kopech and Clevinger won’t be expected to be a full go for this season. Obviously whether it actually happens once the season starts it’s a different story. But Clevinger is almost a full 2 years removed from TJ and threw 115 innings last year. Why would he be on a limit of any kind? And an early October 2022 meniscus surgery is going to interrupt Kopech’s ability to pitch in 2023? If so there’s a much bigger problem, I don’t see how meniscus surgery could be that big of a deal. 

Don’t get me wrong tho, our SP depth is alarming regardless and Hahn should 100% be doing something about it. 

39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What part of his .588 OPS and 68 OPS+ am I supposed to be impressed by?  He was trash last year.

Any indication that his defense or base running improved at all on the northside?  Because if his bat doesn’t play, he’s not really a starting calibre 2B at this point. 

42 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Any indication that his defense or base running improved at all on the northside?  Because if his bat doesn’t play, he’s not really a starting calibre 2B at this point. 

His defensive ratings actually did tick up last year. Basically a zero arm and slightly positive ErrR, for a top 10 UZR.